Fidanza Flywheel

v-tec 4 life

Reaction score
Im bout to buy a fidanza flywheel and i got sum questions. This flywheel is super light 8lbs!!! I know there will be some driveability issues, but in an all out drag race (street race), the lightweight will be an advantage right? The car would accelerate much quicker. What i dont get is someone told me i would lose mad torque, HUH? Is this true, should i still buy it, i want instant throttle response. Will it make a big diff?

Thanks fellas.

theaccordian

Reaction score
I forgot which forum I read this from. But there are pros and cons for a lightened flywheel. The pros are the flywheel is lighter which

causes it to spin faster, which results in faster acceleration, and also decelerates faster, when donwshifting. The cons are you

lose torque off the line when launching. Hadrcore dragracecars have heavy flywheels because when launching all the rotational mass

of a heavy flywheels is increased then when they dump the clutch all that power is transferred to the wheels right off the line.

So to sum it up youll rev and accelerate faster but youll lose power off the line. But dont quote me on this this is coming to you secondhand.

theaccordian

Reaction score
I guess you cant get better advice then people whve had first hand experience. So hears a review from a guy who actually has one. So his ponit of view is more credible than any of ours: (Quoted form Phatdoughnut)

Bought my Fidanza aluminum flywheel from Kteller.com. Its installed in my jdm h22a. Its an awesome flywheel, can definatly tell the difference over oem on the power side of things, but on the driveability side of things no effects to me what so ever. Drives like a normal car! I even life in a Mountainous area with lots of hills.

5/5 stars

Accord 90-02 2.2L/2.3L H Series Engine 191221 8
__________________________________________________ ____________
Fidanza aluminum flywheels are made from the highest quality 6061 T6 aluminum. It's the optimal material for strength, heat dissipation, and weight reduction. The friction surface used is an incredibly strong 1050 steel. The plates are milled to precise specifications and can mate with any type of clutch material including organic, Kevlar, ceramic, metallic and sintered iron. The friction surface insert is attached to the flywheel using military grade aerospace fasteners. The ring gears are also made from 1050 steel and are heat treated for durability. The gears are first heated then pressed on and secured with grade 8 button screws. Fidanza was the first to utilize a stepped dowel system in most flywheel applications. This doweling method ensures that once the pressure plate is installed the dowels cannot be removed because they become locked into place. Fidanza designs and builds flywheels with extreme precision, offering tuners, racers and builders the high performance and unmatched power they're seeking.

Key Features:
6061 T6 BILLET ALUMINUM
GRADE 10 AEROSPACE FASTENERS
EXCLUSIVE STEPPED DOWELS
REPLACABLE 1050 STEEL FRICTION SURFACE
1050 HARDEND RING GEAR
CNC MACHINED AT CONSTANT SURFACE SPE

Back