F23a1 turbo build

vtecaccord88

Reaction score
So I'm in the midst of building my the turbo kit on my car. So far I have the turbo and manifold mounted and the intercooler and piping mounted. Im running a .57 trim t3/t04e turbo with str manifold, hks bov, and then the rest is ebay stuff. Im lookin to put 250whp with this kit. If anybody has any input to make this go a little smoother please let me know.

akoutmos

Reaction score
get a proper tune. no piggy back bull**** and don't boost until its tuned. besides that should be good.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
What engine management have you decided on? In other words, what ECU will you use, and what tuning software, and will it be obd1 or are you getting a standalone EMS and leaving it OBD2B? Also, don't forget to size up your injectors - 450cc minimum, I recommend DSM bluetops with resistor box.

These are all things you need to consider; there is a lot to it besides for just bolting it on and and running the car.

Any specific questions - just PM me.

Last edited:

vtecaccord88

Reaction score
I wasnt planning on running any specific tuning software just yet but a local honda shop said they could tune it and make it safe using a wideband and a safc. I have a 255 walbro pump and now that I know dsm injectors will work I'll go with those. My plan is to try to run around 6lbs of boost until I have more funds to build the head a little and get proper tuning and once that is done sit between 12-15lbs.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
if you can't afford a proper tune I would keep saving. nothing like boosting a car and having it still be slow cause of ****ty tuning.

vtecaccord88

Reaction score
ill only have to wait like a month or two. i just need to get it driveable so i can get it out of my friends garage..lol

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
I wasnt planning on running any specific tuning software just yet but a local honda shop said they could tune it and make it safe using a wideband and a safc.

no...no....no....no....no

for the love of god no

hotaccord243

Reaction score
vtecaccord88; said:
...Im lookin to put 250whp with this kit....
vtecaccord88; said:
I wasnt planning on running any specific tuning software just yet but a local honda shop said they could tune it and make it safe using a wideband and a safc

These will NOT work together. DO NOT tune with just a safc and wideband. NO.

vtecaccord88; said:
...until I have more funds to build the head a little and get proper tuning and once that is done sit between 12-15lbs...

For this to work you are going to need hardcore tuning for a stock bottom end, especially for 12-15psi, and some work on the motor if you want the motor to last a while too....

I'm not trying to be an a** but these just will not work. before you go turbo, you might as well save up enough money to BUY and TUNE on at least a reasonable software before you even attempt it. not just on an safc.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
im making 217whp untuned at 7psi...highly dont recommend going no tune..spend alot of money to still be slow..haahaha
and you will need more than 6psi for 250whp.8 at the least but prolly 9 or maybe 10psi
but theres a lot of f23 boosters around here if you have any questions.

Reaction score
so you say...your untuned at 7psi?..217whp? hows that holding up? whatd u do just bolt up the turbo and drive?

Back