f23.Tetsusaiga, 99' Lx Sedan (56k)

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
Yeah, maybe the end of January like last time might be best, I'll have to ask the others though.
Not much is done to my car since last meet. If you count scraping the crap out of my freshly painted lip the day after I put it on then yeah, I did something to my car. lol
I have been on the hunt for a Mugen or WW lip for the rear but no luck so far.

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
Hey Red, thanks for commenting! I'm glad to be back. Also, thank you, I appreciate the advice, I saw a set for sale that popped up on here recently, I commented on it, letting them know I'm interested but I havent heard back yet. One problem I have is that I don't have the stock rails so I would have to buy those too, which is why I jumped on the offer for the cl-s seats (owner was going to junk the car in a couple weeks, according to his post). Should I make a want to buy thread? Also, is there a certain year/generation I should only be looking at? Thanks again for the responce and advice.

Avery

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
Cool, that would work for me, we could play it by ear! Maybe create a flyer like last time?
Hey that still counts in my book, I got a new battery for my car! I could sware I gained like 5hp at least! ; )
I'll definitely keep an eye out for one too! I'm looking for some cl(-s) seats!

DBO867

Reaction score
Someone say meet? Lmk ahead of time so i can request it off.

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
My bad f23, been really busy with school and forgot to respond. Maybe we get the word out to other forums so it could be bigger than last time.
Someone here is selling the lip I want but hasn't responded.
DBO, yeah the meet may be around the same time as last year, like late January on a Sat or Sun if everyone can agree. Im going to hit up a few other people and see if that time works with everyone and then we can go from there.

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

I'm back again! Sorry for the long stay away, I graduated from community college and was busy during the semester finishing up and getting ready to transfer into my undergrad! Things have since calmed down a bit for the time being but will ramp up again in the fall.
Well now that we have that taken care of, I've got a few updates. I was feeling a little down from not having worked on my car much and having to just focus on school but I talked with my mechanic who is performance-oriented and he helped lift my sprits. So I sprung for a jack stand kit and lowered my car (had previously raised it a couple inches for comfort) and stiffened the front. I then purchased Eibach's 29mm front sway bar with my mechanics input to reduce the body sway in the front. I love it. I think I will do a review of it after my event to see how it performs there.
Then...I registered for my first track event. It will be this weekend! I have been preparing for it since last week when I registered. Here's what I have done/gathered so far to prepare:
- Purchased helmet (Snell, ~$140 from local Honda motorcycle shop)
- Thin gloves, my hands get sweaty often lol ($20 from aforementioned shop)
- Have pumas [from puma wearing phase ; )]
- Have long sleeve shirt and pants
- Getting my wheels rotated, balanced, and torqued tomorrow (free because I purchased my wheels and tires from them) Also getting a torque wrench at xci.ed6's recommendation from the "How to Prepare for a Road Racing Event" thread
- Lowering my car this evening!
- On Thursday, getting an oil change, alignment, and my mechanic is going to go over the self-completed "tech inspection form" to make sure my car is safe for this event. I will go over what I can and just have him double check or do the things I am not comfortable with doing yet.
- Friday, pull the mats out, detail my car and wash it, my car is practically empty but those will be last to come out (preserve my carpet & nothing to become a projectile!)
- Saturday, TRACK DAY!

I will be back on by no later then next week (I promise!) with updates (& pictures) of how it went.
I'm glad I found a more affordable event, I thought I had to pay at least $600-$1000 but that is for advanced racing instruction. I've wanted to go to a performance route with this car since I bought it and now I've found the opportunity to do it and safely. I really enjoy this car and the 6thgen community.
Thanks for all the advice, guidance, and encouragement. Like my mechanic said to me, "Start on the car that you want to start with, even if you move onto something else, that's fine. At least you started on the car you wanted to, otherwise you would regret it."

Thanks again,

~ Avery

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
Sweet sedan, excited to hear how the track day goes!

Thank you! I'm looking forward to it as well! I had my wheels rotated today. We walked over to my car and he measured the tread depth on my tires and told me I would be sliding all over the place. Naturally, I was sort of taken back, confused and asked why. He told me at the track I'm going to, it will often have dirt on the road. He said even with track tires, he was sliding. I don't know the validity of what he's saying but it makes sense if someone slides off the course and gets back on it might leave some residual dirt reducing grip.

The result of this conversation has made me entertain the idea of having a 5 lug swap (rotors, disk brakes, new wheels and tires) move up to the top of modifications to make next. I was thinking clutch but I think this would more worth while and appropriate for tracking!
:burnout:

Back