Photography Shoutbox

inspired1

High Society
Reaction score
in THEORY, it will slow down the memory card's read/write. but now-a-days, the problem should be minuscule.

Fundillo

Reaction score
uhhh...what?

i can take 95% of the same shots you can...in M mode...selecting my aperture manually...shutter speed manually...and focusing manually :redface2:
geez, in that case you wouldn't need a fast card anyway, i was just saying for max fps i HAVE BEEN TOLD that adapters slow down saving.

finch13

Reaction score
Haha.... if you're gonna be blazing full speed burst, you're gonna be shooting to a CF card, not microSD, SD, xD, MS Pro BS. They dun make CF -> Noob adapters

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
edit: ive used the sony MS adapters both in-camera and in a card reader...cant see any difference at least with the PRO cards...

im just sayin...adapters dont have any effects that ive noticed using extreme 3 SDHC cards.

even when i was using an ultra 2 in the douchey little 300d it was the camera's slowness that limited the write speed.

adrian, i didnt want to sound mean in the other post. i just thought you were "one of those people" who disses on older lenses without having used them. its my bad for coming off like that.

Last edited:

Fundillo

Reaction score
ive used older lenses, theres nothing better, thats when you payed for quality not JUST the name. ive been around slrs my whole life and im def. couldnt be a dbag snob like that.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
manual lenses...wouldnt have it any other way :rock:

ohhhhh...adorama is sneaky. the tripod i want is on sale for $200 but if you go to their site and search for it, its $225. well...thats the CF version...the regular one is like $120 and its like 1lb heavier...

finch13

Reaction score
heavier = better, unless your a bitch or a tool and need CF. I want a solid steel tripod baby!

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
the aluminum is like 4.6lbs...the CF is 3.9? or something. not really worth the extra money.

lol...this tripod is amazingly good from handling it in the store. if i was made of money, id get the CF in a heartbeat considering i can put the bag in the center to weigh it down. 32mm top legs, 3 sections...22lb capacity...74" max height without the center column raised...this aint no biotch of a tripod :lawl:

Back