Carbon Fiber Parts - Bayspeed Aero

Status
Not open for further replies.

6genaccord

Reaction score
Hey guys. While replacing my CF hood I ran into Daren down at BaySpeed Aero here in NY. They have a full shop and a warehouse in Brooklyn.

www.bayspeedaerokit.com
www.bayspeedaerokit.com
www.bayspeedaerokit.com

While picking up my hood they asked if I wanted to lend them parts so they could make molds for new CF parts for our cars. For example, they wanted to take the fiberglass grill insert, rare for the sedans, and make a carbon fiber model to sell. They wanted to borrow the 01-02 sedan trunk, etc etc.

Nonetheless, they said any part they could borrow from me they'd want to make a mold and if I knew anyone that would want them to refer them. I figured I'd ask them about a group buy because of this forum and several other accord forums and he was very excited for it.

I wanted to know what parts you guys would want. Each group buy would need to have a minimum of 10 purchasers to begin to get a discount. I havent posted this up on any other accord forums because I only use this one, but if you guys think others would be interested eventually maybe you could post up an ad with the info.

I understand that fitment, quality and the finer details are important when making an investment in parts and so I'll let you know if I have any complaints with my hood from them. So far the fitment is as perfect as it should be for a coupe hood on a sedan :p

But to be realistic, this isn't a racing quality dry carbon fiber (as most eBay CF products aren't anyway)... So if you're looking for decent carbon fiber parts to reduce a little weight and the look, this is an ECONOMICAL way to do it. You do get what you pay for but sometimes you can pay a little less...

Anyway, just posting to gauge interest.

For 10 people hoods would $275 each with pickup or shipment could be arrange for about $80 he said. The more we get obviously the cheaper they get. I haven't gotten a quote on the trunks, fenders, bumpers, spoilers, grills etc yet.

Last edited:

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmm, Andrew there was a guy on AZine that posted a thread just like this for the same company. They wanted parts from his TL. Is this company just getting started or something??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back