Blazinqwickly's 96 DB8 Mistress.

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
Pretty exited for the brains of the operation :) Ordered this from Phearable.net and had new capacitors installed and a base map to get started. I really like It so far and the blue tooth feature is kind of nice.

Connie

Reaction score
Wow, you don't mess around! I want to see a video of it running with all this stuff installed! Hurry!

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Hahahaha, yes.. I do have something more sinister planned for it sir, sir :smoke2: :favorites13: that much I can tell you about.. for now..it:secret: :waytogo:

ITB's for daily is pretty crazy..But you are talking one serious grip of cash for one that will really do the job properly with a good amount of engineering behind it. Heck you would need a plenum set up and filter element, maybe something like a Kinsler would do the trick, but that is out of the price range for now , one can dream though, but who knows, some dreams do come true.

Actually it's not as hard as you're thinking (running ITB's), as the injectors are below them, and you're only using the ITB to control airflow. I know a guy in Dallas that has 4 of them on his air cooled VW (2056cc engine), and drives it on the street all the time (it's his daily). Another VW guy I know in Washington state has them on his 2270 motor that he drives daily (it's his "shop car"), but he also takes it to Solo events and runs it on the track (against 6 cylinder Porsche 914's on the clock), plus it went to Bonneville last September and ran 137mph (he was shooting for the 150 mark, so was disappointed). You know a bad day at the track is still better than a good day at work. :) The key is the linkage, and getting them dialed in. Even my 65 VW runs dual carbs. :)
But looking at the adjustable cam gears and the new cams along with the ECU, it appears you're planning on making some serious horse power. :)

DBO867

Reaction score
this makes me miss my old DB

155777_10151859807849937_1596270728_n.jpg

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
Actually it's not as hard as you're thinking (running ITB's), as the injectors are below them, and you're only using the ITB to control airflow. I know a guy in Dallas that has 4 of them on his air cooled VW (2056cc engine), and drives it on the street all the time (it's his daily). Another VW guy I know in Washington state has them on his 2270 motor that he drives daily (it's his "shop car"), but he also takes it to Solo events and runs it on the track (against 6 cylinder Porsche 914's on the clock), plus it went to Bonneville last September and ran 137mph (he was shooting for the 150 mark, so was disappointed). You know a bad day at the track is still better than a good day at work. :) The key is the linkage, and getting them dialed in. Even my 65 VW runs dual carbs. :)
But looking at the adjustable cam gears and the new cams along with the ECU, it appears you're planning on making some serious horse power. :)

Oh there is not a doubt in my mind you can daily ITB's , you just need to take the precautions if you want any kind of longevity considering most ITB's you see are just hanging out in the open like trumpets lol.
But with a little finger walking you can find individual filter elements and add a plenum to create more of a velocity stack for the incoming air charge.

I've always considered running a set, it's just making the commitment to the price it is to play with correctly matched and flowed ITB's and still worrying about emissions every year without swapping a ton of parts out every time and logging enough data into the old ECU to properly communicate and show readiness to the OBDII reader with no stored check codes.

Granted a stand alone ECU is never going to be able to talk to a scan tool, but with proper tuning and keeping a eye on your A/F ratios and not having gone completely over board on the modifications, you can always toss the old ecu in and log just enough miles to have codes stored and in a state of readiness to talk to the scan tool and get you threw the session.

After the car becomes a classic I would not see any issue with going this route and it is actually a considerable option I have looked into for years now, it's just there is a time and a place for it and I am not quite at that stage yet, (need 3 more years lol).
Then the mad scientist can really come out of me lol

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
Ok so no one guessed that was in the boxes but I am sure some of you already knew lol.

I grabbed a Black Pro Series intake manifold and Sk2 TB cause she is going to need to inhale air like it was going out of style.

So I grabbed the old digital caliper and made sure the inlet port was ported to 70mm.

Then some TB goodness

Then used the caliper to verify the 66mm TB, seems they use a "tapper" in the design for more of a venturi effect for incoming air traffic.

Also snagged a bunch of lil stuff I will need from Honda to make everything flow a lil nicer with the new manifold and some injector grommets all around.

New throttle cable with bracket

Picked up some extended studs for it an a thermal gasket to make sure when the time comes that it will mate up to the head with no leaks.

Now that the Manifold will have a new route , I had to also insure that I got another C.A.I. that had the proper bends in place and properly mate up to the new TB and manifold.
This also required getting a new silicon reducer band coupler for a nice smooth transmission of flow.

And of course another new V2 intake from AEM

That is pretty much the high lights of the "New" if you will, now comes the part of saving up for the internals and machine work which is one of the most expensive parts of any build just about.

So it may take me a little time to save up, but I am determined and will make it happen, just as I have been so far with this build.

I just need to stay inspired and focused on my goal and maybe helping a few others along the way never hurt either:waytogo:

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
Wow, you don't mess around! I want to see a video of it running with all this stuff installed! Hurry!

Thank you! I can not wait till everything is in place for me to put it all together and I sure will make a video cause it is something to be enjoyed :) !

Also you are very right, I do not mess around when it comes to car stuff, I really have the car crazy gene and I like to let it off the leash and run like the wind some days Hahaha!

Back