Yet another interior bulb thread....

SupraGuy

Reaction score
Well, blue generally is more dazzling. It's kind of the way that the pupil reacts to blue light. This is why most of the lights I'm looking for either the "neutral" or "warm" white, rather than the "cool" tone. I'm considering blue for the LCD backlights only, in part because the filters are already that way, and in part for uniformity with the aftermarket electronics in the car. Seems like after the advent of the blue LED in the mid-90s, almost everything went to blue illumination almost overnight. It seemed that the very epitome of "modern" was having a blue LED to light up everything from LCD screens to pushbuttons. I was kind of hoping for it to be a fad, but it seems to have endured for the last 20 years.

sandydoull

Reaction score
I had blue on the odometer backlight but it was just too bright compared to the other backlighting even if i turn the dimmer all the way down

Well, blue generally is more dazzling. It's kind of the way that the pupil reacts to blue light. This is why most of the lights I'm looking for either the "neutral" or "warm" white, rather than the "cool" tone. I'm considering blue for the LCD backlights only, in part because the filters are already that way, and in part for uniformity with the aftermarket electronics in the car. Seems like after the advent of the blue LED in the mid-90s, almost everything went to blue illumination almost overnight. It seemed that the very epitome of "modern" was having a blue LED to light up everything from LCD screens to pushbuttons. I was kind of hoping for it to be a fad, but it seems to have endured for the last 20 years.

Back