Cleaned TB, IAVC, upper IM

likeawp

Reaction score
I was doing the DIY oil catch can mod and I thought it'd be efficient if I cleaned up all the deposits in the TB, IAVC, and upper IM. This way I'll be sure that little to no oil from the PCV system will dirty these components again.

It was long process since its my first attempt with hand tools......took about 4 hours but it was worth it........the car is at 105k so this tune-up should give me back some mileage

picx0rz

Dirty runners

Picture6002.jpg

Dirty upper plenum......doesn't look like much but it was pretty thick.....took about 20 minutes wiping it

Picture6003.jpg

DIY oil catch canister

Picture6004.jpg

carb cleaner

Picture6006.jpg

nice and clean!!

Picture6008.jpg

Cleaned throttled body and iavc

Picture6012.jpg

While my intake was out I decided to make the hole bigger with a dremel

Picture6014.jpg

moar air!

Picture6015.jpg

everything back together

Picture6016.jpg

The cruise control components I removed..........did not need them anymore

Picture6023.jpg

because of this new steering wheel :D

Picture6027.jpg

Tiny asssss workspace -____________-

Picture6020.jpg

Afterward I went for a drive about 15 miles long, the gas needle barely moved so I guess I reassembled everything correctly :)

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
nice work,
did you cap off the valve on the intake manifold that the cruise control vac lead to or left it open? I was curious,so I have not removed mine yet.

likeawp

Reaction score
^^thanks man........I also replaced the illumina shock I bought from you too..........the old one was blown and didn't even retract or extend anymore, it was just dead-stuck!......the ride sucked........but after replacing it with yours it was good again :D

to 1NOnlyAccord
I capped the valve that leads to the cruise control with a 1/8" plastic vacuum cap....you should remove yours already haha

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
looks good mang. i feel ya on cleanin out the runners and plenum, tht oil and dirt are a pita to get off but you did very well.

enjoy the new mods

likeawp

Reaction score
^ thanks........actually I only soaked a rag in carb cleaner and wiped the runners........did not want to spray carb cleaner into them because it might get into the combustion chamber.......with that said.....how do you fully clean the runners??........taking off the IM is a real PITA :computer:....I dun even wanna attempt it without power tools haha

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
damn joseph.. looking really good... when u coming down to a meet again? :naughty:

likeawp

Reaction score
haha thanks Roy.........I'll be coming to meets again after I work on repainting my front bumper and hood.......they make the entire car looks cheap and ugly :sad:

Still wanting an answer on how to clean the runners without taking off the IM :D !!!!!!

Back