DesiKid's 01 Accord Sedan EX-L

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
It's been a cold winter but I finally have the Accord looking roadworthy again and helped my buddy dial his 350z in! Have a new suspension and wheel setup waiting to be installed so I'm pretty excited! Headlight retrofit is almost finished and a few more bits and pieces are going on the car before it'll be perfect. I've also begun to toy with the idea of saving up for a Comptech Supercharger kit that I found for sale [emoji848]
dfdc97a121db1f3e8e48c680b734f359.jpg
82f9ddc46311e08ef6085039136e10a6.jpg
aa14898055263558a87af8e58d9d7925.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Glad this car is looking good again, looking forward to the new wheels. Back when Comptech released the S/C kit many moons ago it was around $6k new, and only yielded like 40-50hp. I see them used for $2500-$3200 usually when they do come up, if it is a complete kit in good condition. They look awesome under the hood, but will kill your auto transmission.

capsidx

Reaction score
Ride looks great man. I’d do a manual swap and a rebuild prior to s/cing the car if you haven’t already. I haven’t been following the thread but just thought I’d throw the obvious out there. 2500 gets you a manual swap AND rebuild with some left to spare. Then you’d really be set up to put some extra stress on the motor but what do I know anyways :lawl: love the color by the way. It’s so different

Accordx

Reaction score
Yeah the auto already eats it with a stock engine, trying to use it with more power probably won't help. New internals wouldn't hurt either but you might be able to get away without a full rebuild idk. Anyway glad the car is looking all clean again, that wrap is sweet.

capsidx

Reaction score
He could get away without a rebuild for a little lol. Given the miles I think a minimal amount of boost might not be great for a high mileage motor. Rebuild would really kind of add that extra bit of insurance but at the end of the day I don’t know how his motor is on the inside. He could do reggy oil changes and it could be solid but with the amount of miles I’d say a lot of the internals might not be able to take the added stress considering they were designed to operate within the engines specs and then a little more lol.

A s/c isn’t a bad idea at all but at the least I would replace the rings, bearings and inspect the crank as well as hone the cylinders if this wasn’t done already. At that point you might as well just put better internals while it’s all apart. Oh and the valvetrain might need a second look as well. Nah mean :lawl:

Accordx

Reaction score
He could get away without a rebuild for a little lol. Given the miles I think a minimal amount of boost might not be great for a high mileage motor. Rebuild would really kind of add that extra bit of insurance but at the end of the day I don’t know how his motor is on the inside. He could do reggy oil changes and it could be solid but with the amount of miles I’d say a lot of the internals might not be able to take the added stress considering they were designed to operate within the engines specs and then a little more lol.

A s/c isn’t a bad idea at all but at the least I would replace the rings, bearings and inspect the crank as well as hone the cylinders if this wasn’t done already. At that point you might as well just put better internals while it’s all apart. Oh and the valvetrain might need a second look as well. Nah mean :lawl:

Shoot didn't even realize how many miles were on it sheesh, yeah on second thought rebuild might be the way to go haha

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
Glad this car is looking good again, looking forward to the new wheels. Back when Comptech released the S/C kit many moons ago it was around $6k new, and only yielded like 40-50hp. I see them used for $2500-$3200 usually when they do come up, if it is a complete kit in good condition. They look awesome under the hood, but will kill your auto transmission.
Ride looks great man. I’d do a manual swap and a rebuild prior to s/cing the car if you haven’t already. I haven’t been following the thread but just thought I’d throw the obvious out there. 2500 gets you a manual swap AND rebuild with some left to spare. Then you’d really be set up to put some extra stress on the motor but what do I know anyways :lawl: love the color by the way. It’s so different
Yeah the auto already eats it with a stock engine, trying to use it with more power probably won't help. New internals wouldn't hurt either but you might be able to get away without a full rebuild idk. Anyway glad the car is looking all clean again, that wrap is sweet.

Thanks for the input guys! Haha I was planning on swapping it first anyways, but figured if I'm gonna swap it, I might as well go big or go home after seeing a couple of junkyard J35s laying around my local lots. I'm setting the budget to around $6-7 which is what my bonus is in the fall so hopefully I can get it swapped in after busy season (tax season) next year.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back