Hard to find oil leak

TheHunter

Reaction score
Hey guys, just got my car back from the body shop and I noticed that I have a new leak that's putting a pretty good amount down and falling on my exhuast. I know they didn't cause it but maybe the jar of the accident knocked something loose.

The problem is I can't actually find the specific source of the leak. The best I can tell it looks like it's somewhere directly underneath the distributor. I have a couple pictures showing the distributor from above, and the best I could do with very limited space taking a picture from below. Any advice would be appreciated. :)

IMAG0093.jpg

IMAG0094.jpg

TheHunter

Reaction score
Ok well using your idea, I decided to get smart and use my phone as a mirror of sorts and take a picture from above. Can we agree that my distributor is leaking or could it be something else?
I just want to make sure that the oil on there isn't old and it's something else leaking...

(Taken from the top rear right side of the engine bay facing the distributor.)
IMAG0101.jpg

001Stunna

Reaction score
Change the o-ring; i paid 2.13$ from Honda Dealer for it lol. Mine had the same issue, changed the o-ring and all poifect now.
Mine never leaked enough to cause any actual drips or oil loss though. I could just see a patch under the distributor every 2-3 weeks after i'd clean it.

Skills wise i'd say it was pretty easy to do, i had to remove intake to allow for more room and just took off two bolts. Wiggle out the distributor; clean it up a bit; replace the o-ring and lube it with a bit of oil; and place it all back and tighten to spec.
Start the car and check for any issues and then have a beer...or two.

PS> Heres a youtube video of it if necessary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVv_57uSrUQ

Last edited:

JDM_Rook

Reaction score
Mine leaks a full quart in a 3000 mile oil change interval..hope this fixes it. I thought my rear main seal was to blame at first.

oilleak006.jpg

oilleak010.jpg

oilleak013.jpg

oilleak018.jpg

Last edited:

TheHunter

Reaction score
Well I have a v6 so my distributor is actually on the other side, but yeah I hope I can fix it. My dad said I may require a timing light though?

Back