*08/31/09 Update: Coils are in (Pics to come this weekend)

Millz

Reaction score
Re: *8/24/09Small, Frustrating Update* Need help -> Omni Coils

i was hoping to take pics of the install but since my mechanic will be doing the work I dont wanna waste his time :(

plus hes going to spend extra time drilling out that one bolt, and im sure the one on the driverside will snap too :S

ill update tomorrow after i get back, wish me luck :rofl:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Re: *8/24/09Small, Frustrating Update* Need help -> Omni Coils

The trip to NY should be a good break-in for them.

nexTOme

Reaction score
ahhh they sent you 7thgen set too?
that happened to darryl as well.
whats up with omni? geesh. mine fit through the shock tower hole with no problem.

glad everything worked out after all. cant wait to see pictures now. :)
you must be super excited. haha

your thread is starting to making me want to mod my car. :Smoker:

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
So I went to a mechanic that my buddy reffered me to on Saturday.

Shop was very clean, they were very professional (Rukus Motorsports for the Canucks in the GTA on the board) and they have some very nicely built cars that they own. They do a lot of custom fabbing for turbos ETC ETC have a dyno machine and so on. Learned a lot while I was there too, he has tempted me into doing some motor work but it will have to wait :D.

Long story short, they cut the bolt on the fork and took it out. Heating it ETC. was worthless the bolt was seized beyond repair (thank you canadian winters). Luckily the guy called a few of his suppliers and was able to get a replacement fork.

Ride height is set at just about a finger (maybe less) in the front and the back will be a finger and a half. It's a little higher now since my friend pre-set the height before the install so the coils can be straight dropped in without adjustment.

Hit another minor snag, the coils turned out to be for a 7th gen accord I believe. The top mounts seemed to align perfectly but were just a bit narrower than what the shock tower holes were (this was for the front, the rear fit in no problem). They bored it out just a tiny bit and they fit nicely after that. (Could be a mistake by Omni that they didnt align perfectly but I dont know what to think, since the rears dropped in fine).

I am very happy with the ride, car's on rails. What a difference between the S-techs and stock shocks I previously had.

Should I wait maybe a week after my final adjustments to the ride height to get alignment? Or do it right away?

This weekend I will most likely wax the car, and have my friend snap some pictures.

Thanks to all those again that helped me out!

Congrats, nothing beats the feeling of riding on rails. I waited a little over a week before I got mine aligned.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Guess I will have to come out to the West Meet and have a look for myself.

Glad you finally got things sorted out though.

Congrats on the new setup. :thumbup:

simon_y

Reaction score
Glad you finally got it done, lol.

Your gonna love coil! hahaa. Get your alignment done after a week or so so everything settles first.

Millz

Reaction score
ahhh they sent you 7thgen set too?
that happened to darryl as well.
whats up with omni? geesh. mine fit through the shock tower hole with no problem.

glad everything worked out after all. cant wait to see pictures now. :)
you must be super excited. haha

your thread is starting to making me want to mod my car. :Smoker:

I'm thinking that the holes are aligned just a little bit differently for 7th gens... or should they be both the same for 6th and 7th?

I am very excited, only thing that kills me is that the rear is set at around the same height as my s-techs, and I'll be dropping it lower on Friday.

Im scraping my lip on everything but guys are busting my balls saying at least you're not scraping the frame :ownedrun:.

Congrats, nothing beats the feeling of riding on rails. I waited a little over a week before I got mine aligned.

It's very hard to keep a normal speed on on-ramps/off-ramps. I'm thinking of getting a Neuspeed strut bar to tighten up the front a little bit more.

Guess I will have to come out to the West Meet and have a look for myself.

Glad you finally got things sorted out though.

Congrats on the new setup. :thumbup:

If you're going to come out to the West Meet, maybe wait until next week... The rear should be dropped to my liking then as well.

Glad you finally got it done, lol.

Your gonna love coil! hahaa. Get your alignment done after a week or so so everything settles first.

I guess it's going to be 2 weeks :| since I'll be going to my friends house friday to adjust the back some more. I don't put a lot of mileage on my car hopefully my tires wont take TOO much of a beating.

nexTOme

Reaction score
I'm thinking that the holes are aligned just a little bit differently for 7th gens... or should they be both the same for 6th and 7th?

I am very excited, only thing that kills me is that the rear is set at around the same height as my s-techs, and I'll be dropping it lower on Friday.

Im scraping my lip on everything but guys are busting my balls saying at least you're not scraping the frame :ownedrun:.

yeah 6th and 7th gens are different as in the distance from each bolt is narrower in 7thgen. other than that, like shape and number of bolts are same.

glad to see you happy with new mod :thumbsup:

Millz

Reaction score
cant get a hold of my buddy hope everything is set for a photoshoot this weekend :| lol

Back