*08/31/09 Update: Coils are in (Pics to come this weekend)

Millz

Reaction score
Re: Urgent: Need help -> Setting pre-load on Omni Coils

oh man... nothing EVER goes smooth installing stuff on my ride...

what ****ing confused me was my mechanic did so much more work and kept the fork on the shock when putting in my s-techs

also he used an air gun for a lot of things he SHOULDNT have been using an air gun for, one fine example was the ****ing bolts on top of my shock tower... took like 10-15 mins just for my buddy to get em loose

snapped the pinch bolt on the fork thats at the bottom of the shock,
the bolt snapped like a twig we didnt even put a lot of pressure on it

little pressure, felt it budge, pb blaster, hammered the bolt a little, a bit more pressure and SNAP

gotta take it to my mechanic to put in the front coils since hes gotta drill out the pinch bolt for me anyways

it seemed like to be able to have enough space to drill out the bolt we'd have to remove the CV boot, friend was not comfortable doing that so he left it

kinda frustrated, found some ****ed up tire wear in the front as well :|

coils are already set up just to be dropped in now, that was the only productive thing achieved on friday

Last edited:

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Re: *8/24/09Small, Frustrating Update* Need help -> Omni Coils

damn dude that sucks. I use an impact on everything for suspension, but when i know that it doenst need to be tightened tight, i used my 3/8 air gun turned on the lowest setting.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score

You should always loosen it first with a breaker bar. Maybe the air wrench had too much torque. I didnt even come close to snapping any bolts on my install.

swollen_cu

Reaction score

You should always loosen it first with a breaker bar. Maybe the air wrench had too much torque. I didnt even come close to snapping any bolts on my install.

me neither, im a transmission mecahnic and I use the impact on almost everything. If its too tight, just use a breaker bar... or if neeeded, a pipe.

Millz

Reaction score

used a pipe but the bolt on the fork hasnt been removed since the car was built,
my friend didnt even put a lot of pressure on it and it snapped like a twig

when my springs were put in he took out the fork with the whole shock/spring assembly so that pinch bolt wasnt touched

drive through 9 canadian winters and that ****'ll happen :'(

SykVSyx

Reaction score

It will all work out in the end, this all will help you appreciate what it took to get the car setup looking exactly how you want it.

You'll have to be that much more careful now with that front lip when you lower it more. :skurred:

Millz

Reaction score

It will all work out in the end, this all will help you appreciate what it took to get the car setup looking exactly how you want it.

You'll have to be that much more careful now with that front lip when you lower it more. :skurred:

i understand where you're coming from but i always hit snags trying to do something to my car, it gets annoying :(

a well, if the front breaks, ill get a mugen lip to hold me up for a bit...

then 02 coupe bumper swap with W-type lip yaay lol

SykVSyx

Reaction score

You've seen my car, you're worried about snags.....at least looking at your car, no one could tell anything is wrong...........

I hear you though, it is frustrating, just when you think you're so close to getting something done.

Millz

Reaction score

^ yeah i know exactly what u mean,

getting married ain't gonna speed up the process much either :|

anyways, off to the mechanic i go on saturday, he'll drop in the fronts (mainly because i need him to drill out the pinch bolt on the fork) and my friend will drop in the rears later that day

SykVSyx

Reaction score

^ yeah i know exactly what u mean,

getting married ain't gonna speed up the process much either :|

anyways, off to the mechanic i go on saturday, he'll drop in the fronts (mainly because i need him to drill out the pinch bolt on the fork) and my friend will drop in the rears later that day

lol, only if you have a wife that wants certain mods/paint work done as much as you do!

Hope the weekend goes better for you.

Back