"Brake" light is on

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
ahhh yeah if all your brakes are that low you could be low on fluid. i also forgot you have rear drums...those hold a little extra fluid in the wheel cylinders.

i am definitely having my brakes flushed every couple years from now on. had it done for (most likely) the first time in the car's life last year and it was AMAZING how much better the pedal felt.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
ahhh yeah if all your brakes are that low you could be low on fluid. i also forgot you have rear drums...those hold a little extra fluid in the wheel cylinders.

i am definitely having my brakes flushed every couple years from now on. had it done for (most likely) the first time in the car's life last year and it was AMAZING how much better the pedal felt.

Yeah, I forgot I had drums too with the wheel cylinders haha. I should have been more clear. Is there any advantage of going DOT5? Would I need to replace my brake fluid as often? I know it does not absorb water.

I'm almost due for another brake flush, I just want to put something better than the regular stuff.

Last edited:

jwong512

Reaction score
How much do brake flushes cost anyways and which fluid would be recommended? I think I'm due for one in a couple of months.

dorkiedoode

Reaction score
How much do brake flushes cost anyways and which fluid would be recommended? I think I'm due for one in a couple of months.

For everyday driving i would recommend valvoline dot 3&4 brake fluid. they are around 5-10 dollars at walmart for 32 oz. It should be enough for a full brake fluid flush. If your more into racing and that sort of stuff look for brake fluids with higher boiling points. Amsoil, super blue racing fluid, and Motul are a few to name. also, fyi don't believe in the "synthetic" brake fluid marketing, all brake fluids are synthetic. oh and stick with dot 4 for daily drivers and flush every 30k? debatable..

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
DIY brake flush. All you need is...

Brake fluid
10mm wrench
Clear tube
Time
A friend

Gil'sCG6

Reaction score
add brake fluid. problem solved. if it ever comes on again that means u have a leak in your brake lines find out where the leak is and fix it but for now just add brake fluid and make sure u fill it up to the top.

Back