*new question* Function and Form coilover question

J30MAN

Reaction score
I have a new question. Will I need to use a spring compressor to remove the springs to get the top hats off so I can put them on the coil overs? Thanks.

Last edited:

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
Re: Function and Form coilover questions

Can't comment on how low they'll go but I uploaded that a long time ago to help people who had never seen a set of coilovers like that up close. I should make a more extensive followup video sometime, but that's how those F2s work. You thread the shock body into the lower mount and lock it in place with the rings.

J30MAN

Reaction score

sleepercell is a member on here and i would trust the video.

Can't comment on how low they'll go but I uploaded that a long time ago to help people who had never seen a set of coilovers like that up close. I should make a more extensive followup video sometime, but that's how those F2s work. You thread the shock body into the lower mount and lock it in place with the rings.

Didn't even see that it was you, i found it pretty helpful. Thank you for clearing that up.

001Stunna

Reaction score

From about 2-3 threads that have popped up recently and users commenting on the same issue, i believe ff highest point is still about a 2.5" drop. As for adjusting them, you adjust them as instructed in the video when they are off the car; when they are on the car you adjust by spinning the body inside/outside the lower mount by using leverage on both spring perches at the same time.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score

You can lay your car on the ground with those and adjustment takes no time all. Takes longer for me to jack up the car than adjust my coilovers. I've had no issues with these

knighthawk1104

Reaction score

definitely not a 2.5 inch drop. i lowered my car 3 times before i kept it at 2.5. first it was 1, then 2, then 2.5. not sure if the highest point is 1 inch though.

J30MAN

Reaction score

From about 2-3 threads that have popped up recently and users commenting on the same issue, i believe ff highest point is still about a 2.5" drop. As for adjusting them, you adjust them as instructed in the video when they are off the car; when they are on the car you adjust by spinning the body inside/outside the lower mount by using leverage on both spring perches at the same time.

You can lay your car on the ground with those and adjustment takes no time all. Takes longer for me to jack up the car than adjust my coilovers. I've had no issues with these

Did not know they could be adjusted when installed. And also didn't know it was that quick. 2 good things to hear. Thanks guys.

definitely not a 2.5 inch drop. i lowered my car 3 times before i kept it at 2.5. first it was 1, then 2, then 2.5. not sure if the highest point is 1 inch though.

I'll end up spending the whole day finding the perfect "stance".

Back