*new question* Function and Form coilover question

001Stunna

Reaction score
Re: Function and Form coilover questions

definitely not a 2.5 inch drop. i lowered my car 3 times before i kept it at 2.5. first it was 1, then 2, then 2.5. not sure if the highest point is 1 inch though.

How many threads did you have in the lower mount at your 1" drop?
Having about 20-25% threaded in the lower mount leaves you with a 2.5" drop. If you only thread it 2-3 times around(360 turns) im sure you can have it be at stock height too but personally threading anything less then about 20% i wouldn't call very great safety wise as you're putting all that weight on not many threads. To each their own though...

J30MAN

Reaction score

How many threads did you have in the lower mount at your 1" drop?
Having about 20-25% threaded in the lower mount leaves you with a 2.5" drop. If you only thread it 2-3 times around(360 turns) im sure you can have it be at stock height too but personally threading anything less then about 20% i wouldn't call very great safety wise as you're putting all that weight on not many threads. To each their own though...

so your saying the lower, the safer on the coilovers?

001Stunna

Reaction score

so your saying the lower, the safer on the coilovers?
In my perspective i'd go as far as threading at least 20% in the lower mount. It's not safety for the coilovers but for you and anyone else who drives in the car.

Ie. Lets say the lower mount has a length of 30cm. I'd thread in 6cm from the damper body into the lower mount for sure.
Sure you can thread in only 3cm if you want to and now the car would be a bit more then 1inch higher but all your cars weight is on 3cm of threads? You make the decision

J30MAN

Reaction score

In my perspective i'd go as far as threading at least 20% in the lower mount. It's not safety for the coilovers but for you and anyone else who drives in the car.

Ie. Lets say the lower mount has a length of 30cm. I'd thread in 6cm from the damper body into the lower mount for sure.
Sure you can thread in only 3cm if you want to and now the car would be a bit more then 1inch higher but all your cars weight is on 3cm of threads? You make the decision

i totally understand. I want it to be really low anyways.

knighthawk1104

Reaction score

i really don't remember but i didn't touch it before putting it on. i put it on the car straight out of the box and it was a one inch drop.

ActNow

Reaction score

^ Very well said and I agree with 001Stunna. I also being a new owner of FF's really do love these. Don't be afraid to see what their made of. The area I live isn't all flat road/well maintained streets sure I avoid the problem areas if and when I can also keeping in mind not to burn to much extra fuel just to avoid the said problem areas. Just gotta keep a sharp eye out and believe me your memory and your sight will sharpen once you take your newly lowered ride for a spin.

J30MAN

Reaction score

loving all these good replies. I just want them in my hands. I cant wait.

Narftastic

Reaction score

i really don't remember but i didn't touch it before putting it on. i put it on the car straight out of the box and it was a one inch drop.

I did the same thing but when i put em on it was a crazy drop we couldnt get the car off the lift so we had to raise them a lil bit.. But now the shop has pieces of wood so now they juz drop the car on them n juz drive it off lol

J30MAN

Reaction score

I did the same thing but when i put em on it was a crazy drop we couldnt get the car off the lift so we had to raise them a lil bit.. But now the shop has pieces of wood so now they juz drop the car on them n juz drive it off lol

Im gonna have to get some wood blocks or something cause my dad doesn't have a low pro floor jack.

Back