Pressure switches?

Gil'sCG6

Reaction score
Ive owned many 6th gens and recently owned a 3rd gen TL, on the TL's the replacement of both pressure switches on the transmission along with the gradual ATF replacement made my transmission go from harsh (didn't have anything wrong with it just rough) to extremely smooth and it was very noticeable and a cheap repair, cost me about $100 in total. Unfortunately my TL was totaled a month ago and i now own another 6th gen (2001 V6) so my question is can i try the same method for my current transmission on the accord? Weather it needs it or not its a great/cheap preventative measure but i don't hear about it much on this forum.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Original trans? How many miles on it? Most people only mess with it when they have to, but I can't see it hurting anything if done correctly.

Gil'sCG6

Reaction score
Original trans? How many miles on it? Most people only mess with it when they have to, but I can't see it hurting anything if done correctly.

Im not sure if its the original trans but the car has 140k miles, pressure switches definitely go bad and can cause hard shifting.

Back