My F23 Turbo Experiment.

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
Well as you may know I have been turbo for a few years now, Making anywhere from 215-327whp, and 210-321 wtq.

I achieved my goal of seeing if a stock F23 could make 300whp.. done
I also achieved my other goal. Trying to make the most on a stock motor (even though I have head studs) I consider it stock. 327whp. I believe if its not the record its pretty damn close.

Here are my Recommendations/Observations for you guys.
F23 is a beast, No matter how many times I broke something I ALWAYS drove home (except breaking a diff)
Depending on the turbo 10 psi is dailyable, and very reliable.
13-15Psi your stock head bolts will stretch and your head will lift.
Making 300whp+ driving daily on stock pistons, to florida,racing any/everything. will eventually crack a ringland. (Or at least I believe is what happened)

So for those of you who catch my drift, I popped at piston the other night (probably just cracked a ringland) beating the hell out of her all night. I still drove it home, Its just a little down on compression for #3 cylinder.

Anyway. Now I try to decide wether to just throw another stock piston in her, try and find rods+pistons (to show you built motor guys how to really make power) or just put her together and part ways and start on a new project.

So to whom wanted to see how long I made 300+ whp, alittle over 3 months.
If you know me, you know that any/every where I go the car gets no mercy.
To others it may last longer....

:)

finch13

Reaction score
Show the built motor guys how to make real power! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

I'm happy to see a fellow car abuser around here... I don't baby my car one bit.

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
My turbo setup includes a turbo manifold,downpipe and intercooler piping/intercooler that where all made in house. and a Turbonetics t3 hifi 60 ball bearing big guts turbo. tuned. etc.

I knew she probably wouldnt last long, but im still driving her around trying to find someone who has some rods laying around for the low low

juicebox00

Reaction score
Show the built motor guys how to make real power! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

I'm happy to see a fellow car abuser around here... I don't baby my car one bit.

Couldn't of said it better myself.

my kind of drivers. if you mod the car with performance parts get some use out of it then. might as well not even waste money on the high end parts if you don't drive it for what it's worth.

Back