MODS
ENGINE
AEM V2 CAI

SUSPENSION
Progress 24mm Rear Sway Bar

INTERIOR
Replace factory speakers - Sony
New HU - Alpine CDA-9887
Interior LED swap (blue on every guage and button, cool white on everthing else: door vanity, trunk, license plate, dome, map, sunvisor vanity, glovebox)
Reverse polarity on LCD displays
Dynamat - Doors and rear deck

EXTERIOR
Blackhoused headlights
HID Lowbeams 8k
HID Fogs 3k
Tint
'98-'00 Sedan Spoiler
Red / Clear Tails
CF color matched rear window spoiler

*5/14/10*
Per a request as to the fitment of the '01-'02 fogs on the '98.
Not quite a perfect fit, but its really hard to notice that gap on the left if you aren't down on the ground looking at it. The tabs to the right create enough pressure to keep that sucker in there firm, I didn't install a bracket. I have to use some serious elbow power to get them out.
fog01.jpg

*4/28/10*
Cleaned her up and took some pics in the nice weather to show off the new fogs and tint.
sunny02.jpg

sunny01.jpg

*Update 3/24/10*
Can you tell I've been on vacation? These jacked up rims...
rims.jpg

...now look like this
rims2.jpg

rims3.jpg

*Update 3/21/10*
Blackhoused the headlights and added some 8K HIDs.
BlackH01.jpg

BlackH02.jpg

Moar Pics
HID_07.jpg

HID_08.jpg

Full car pics
(was a nice day so I snapped some with my phone)
stock01.jpg

stock02.jpg

stock03.jpg

Introduction thread w/ a couple pics

*Update 3/10/10*
Started playing around with that rim in the previous picture. Still needs some work, but here are the initial results.
rims1.jpg

*Update 2/28/10*
The LED swap.
Did a little bit of work and now the needles are visible at night (thank goodness, could see them in person but not well) Also, reversed the polarity on the odometer.
odo2.jpg

Last edited:

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
Re: Fritz' EX Sedan '98 (not 56k)

welcome to 6ga ... your gauge cluster looks good but where are the needles? also ur better off upgrading your wheels, they are not worth saving in my opinion ... hope to see pic's of your car soon, keep it clean

Erik123456789

Reaction score

welcome to 6ga ... your gauge cluster looks good but where are the needles? also ur better off upgrading your wheels, they are not worth saving in my opinion ... hope to see pic's of your car soon, keep it clean

i was looking for the needles also lol.

Fritz

Reaction score

Erik123456789 said:
i was looking for the needles also lol.

Yeah, that's the issue I mentioned. I can see them if I look for them, but they don't show well. Especially not in the pictures. Having looked through all the DIY posts I'm trying to figure out what to do with them...have some ideas, but most of them requre actually pulling the guages and not just the whole cluster. Not sure if I just want to remove the stock paint from the needles.

FunnyVictor86 said:
...also ur better off upgrading your wheels, they are not worth saving in my opinion ...
Looking around the net looks like that is the way to go (i.e. hard or expensive to get 'em clear-coated again once you clean them up) But until I get the $ for it I figured I might as well clean up what I have =(

Last edited:

jdm00accord

Reaction score

id just sand down the wheels and paint them till u can get new ones. im looking forward to more pics though.

sleepy cg3

Reaction score

i agree.. keep the stock wheels as winter wheels, but dont rush yourself... nice start.. look forward to seeing wat else you do...

ActNow

Reaction score

Don't rush into a whole lot of mods at the same time, research everything, and take your time. In the end your car will look great. Welcome to 6GA.

Fritz

Reaction score

Did some more work to the gauges and reversed the polarity of the Odometer. I can see needles!!

Thanks Sketch05 for making me want to the polarity thing!

More updates as the weather gets better...

Fritz

Reaction score

Finally added some pics of the car. Not the best quality as I didn't have my camera with me. At least you finally get to her her in all her stock glory.

Back