Transmission cooler DIY installation Four cylinder F23A

vtech204

Reaction score
Mine tranny just crapped out on me at 141k. Took amazing care of my transmission, change the fluid when needed and I drive like a granny lol just droped 1k into a dealership for a rebuild =\

bucd

Reaction score
so i'm about to pick up an 02 accord coupe with ~221k miles. shifts very very smooth, on it's original tranny, i assume it's a good idea to go ahead and put in a cooler and filter? :)

i'm sure i will be doing it, just needed some feedback.

An hello all...new to the forum!

-D

VonDubz

Reaction score
Know this is an old post. Just Wanna add that An old Radiator, can contaminate transmission fluid with coolant. You can tell if your transmission fluid looks brownish and milky. I would completely eliminate the stock radiator out of the equation and buy a large transmission cooler + fan.

RaVaGeSpEeD

Reaction score
Mine tranny just crapped out on me at 141k. Took amazing care of my transmission, change the fluid when needed and I drive like a granny lol just droped 1k into a dealership for a rebuild =\

1k?
wow I wish mine was that cheap.
sorry for your loss lol

mine's effed too

if its a solenoid thats out on mine, im def gonna put a cooler on

zitro_pr

Reaction score

My mechanic told me in these days the life of a HONDA TRANSMISSION is from 130 to 140 miles.
I don't know if it's true but I wanted to share it with you guys

Last edited:

jwong512

Reaction score
I just put in some of Honda's new fluid DW1 and according to what it says, it has much better heat resistance than the previous Z1. I put some in my car the other day and I was pushing it pretty hard with my tranny cooler and I have yet to notice any transmission problems. I would highly recommend putting in DW1 as brand new DW1 compared to brand new Z1, DW1 seems to not only make shifting smoother but quicker as well. Probably gonna do 2 more drain and fills in the future to utilize the full potential of it since it's currently blended in with my leftover Z1.

lilyanx217

Reaction score
What size should the transmission hose be? I know 3 feet long but what's the size of the hose? I want to call in Autozone to special order it instead of going in there and finding out that i have to order it and wait a few days.

What size hose clamps should i get also?

Thanks

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Try eye-balling it.. This usually works with variable items such as clamps and hoses. Take a phone pic of your stock setup, then go into the store and compare it to what they have.

sunroof

Reaction score
i was just thinking, that you can maybe even add an external trans filter using an oil filter relocation kit somehow....

Back