LED DIY: AC Controls

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I think there is a write-up for the 98-00 owner's in the DIY Section.

This write-up was great though, very detailed and should make it pretty simple for those of us who want to switch to LED's.

Now......who's got one for the speedo, etc?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Matt (talontsiawd)'s stickied thread.

Problems are what bulbs are used where isn't crystal clear, and a good amount of info is spread over many pages. So certainly could use a consolidated concise thread on it.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Well, if Roy is so inclined, then maybe he would be willing to tidy things up.

Although I think there should be a requirement for DIY threads, that all info be consolidated in to the 1st page or so(preferably with pics).

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
^But if he did that, wouldn't the color be different for that button because of the stock filter's blue color? Since he's using white LED's, I would just use some white paper or something similar to diffuse it instead of the stock filter.

Nice write up, Mike. I'm sure this is helping people. 98-00 may be different, I can't see the photos on my work computer to compare.

oh yes :eusa_doh: you're right. it was different for me since I chose red

Mikey

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. All pics were taken with my cell, so coloration is different than with the naked eye.

As I said, and RedRyder can atest to this, Im a bit of a perfectionist. In-person, the recirculation button doesnt really have a hot spot, if much of one at all. At least not enough of one to bother me, so...

I shouldve tried it before doing so, and I shouldve known better, but I went to try the CC/sunroof buttons and ran into a snag. The filter on those buttons is, like, painted on. That nail polish remover idea might've helped....lol.

Needless to say, Im gonna need a new button, new bulbs and a DIY for those buttons......might not be happening. At least not from me, lol.

Bax

Reaction score
^Matt (talontsiawd)'s stickied thread.

Problems are what bulbs are used where isn't crystal clear, and a good amount of info is spread over many pages. So certainly could use a consolidated concise thread on it.
Ohhh yeah, there's like a tid bit of good info on EACH page, no joke. lol I've read through that whole thread countless times.
I shouldve tried it before doing so, and I shouldve known better, but I went to try the CC/sunroof buttons and ran into a snag. The filter on those buttons is, like, painted on. That nail polish remover idea might've helped....lol.

Needless to say, Im gonna need a new button, new bulbs and a DIY for those buttons......might not be happening. At least not from me, lol.
Nail Polish remover works for the blue filter that is painted onto those buttons. I did that for my cruise control switch and it worked like a charm.

Mikey

Reaction score
Wish I wouldve know that beforehand!! Lol.

As I said, I now need a new button. Lol.

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
careful though, too much nail polish remover can F up the button i.e. rub TOO much filter off that it becomes transparent.. lesson learned lol

Back