DIY: Switchblade Key

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Good stuff, Mikey.

If I didn't use the aftermarket security system, I'd do it right away!

FNCONE

Reaction score
^ Lol no Chris, I Can wire things up, how they work inside a computer or device is a whole different level of electrical work. (Supposedly its a code in the chip? ) I'am just going to home depot and making a regular auto key copy. The chip is already programmed, No need for the dealer. (I'll be using my valet key, I know the OP only had 1 key)

Mikey

Reaction score
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe the battery is a 1616 but a 2016 rather. I even think a 2025 will work--or any small, round battery for that matter.

Getting the key/blade cut is the easy/cheap part. It's getting the chip programmed and cut out that's a little tricky. Hell, I still say the hardest part of this whole ordeal was getting the whole thing together at the end, lol. Having to hold everything in while twisting the backing piece on was not easy.

AccordI4

Reaction score
I purchased the switchblade key and bought it to a locksmith. They charged me 11 dollars to cut it although after they cut it, it didn't work in my car, is there a place to get just the blade for the accord. I see generic ones although nothing specifically for it. Great idea and I am also putting carbon fiber 3m wrap over it when finished to give it a Better look. Thanks everyone for your suggestions and feedback

josh617

Reaction score
Awesome thread. I'll probably end up doing this over the weekend. Thanks man

FNCONE

Reaction score
I purchased the switchblade key and bought it to a locksmith. They charged me 11 dollars to cut it although after they cut it, it didn't work in my car, is there a place to get just the blade for the accord. I see generic ones although nothing specifically for it. Great idea and I am also putting carbon fiber 3m wrap over it when finished to give it a Better look. Thanks everyone for your suggestions and feedback

For 11 dollars I doubt he programmed the immobilizer. Maybe that's what you mean the key didn't work for you?

AccordI4

Reaction score
For 11 dollars I doubt he programmed the immobilizer. Maybe that's what you mean the key didn't work for you?

I have the transponder chip from the Honda key.must not of been clear before, im talking about the switch blade key which needs to be cut to use. It doesn't even turn in my door to unlock my car. Did anyone else have issues with this or have any suggestions

FNCONE

Reaction score
Dam that sucks I did my subaru in home depot and the copy worked perfectly

Back