My 6thgen coupe

sbanitt13

Reaction score
I'm new to the site but I will probably be frequenting it in the future. I bought my 02 accord coupe f23a4 ( auto :( ) in 2012 as my first car knowing nothing about cars at the time. But now that i know more my head is filling up with ideas for projects.

Mods are as follows:

Engine:
SRS ebay exhaust
Magnaflow high flow cat
.......that's it for now lol :(

Suspension:
DNA motoring stiffener bar
More to come..

Ideas for future mods:
f23 build or g23 frankenstein build and manual swap

OR

6cyl manual swap/build with possible awd conversion? I've heard on here that it's been successfully done but obviously it'll take a LOT of research

Paint job, trim refurbishment/replacement (basically fix all seals and trim and such)

92705da5d6842a2c128b0839ed0b9ba3.jpg

939432105db9e959b71d73b33af3a686.jpg

739fd3ab73a4e52e610861089676901e.jpg

e9960f4b67665384c6645ba5c1b1a9ef.jpg

I'll be looking forward to tips/advice from all you guys!!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Varnell

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Wish I would have started with the coupe. Would have saved me a lot of time and money. lol

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
welcome to the site. i don't mean to shoot down your dreams, but i've never heard of an awd conversion done on a 6th gen accord. also, if you want to go v6, it's easier to start with an already v6 car, since you have to swap out the subframe and relocate things in the engine bay that you otherwise wouldn't have to with a 4 cylinder swap in your 4 cylinder car. good luck with your plans though!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Welcome! Interesting color, do you have plans to paint the front/rear bumper to match? If the whole car was that color I think it would look pretty good.

Like said above if you want to do the V6/6MT swap it's much easier/cheaper to start with a V6 car. The swap is enough of a headache as-is. The only AWD swap I know of on here was a CRV drivetrain put into a Civic. But people have talked about AWD 6GA's, just no one has done it.

sbanitt13

Reaction score
welcome to the site. i don't mean to shoot down your dreams, but i've never heard of an awd conversion done on a 6th gen accord. also, if you want to go v6, it's easier to start with an already v6 car, since you have to swap out the subframe and relocate things in the engine bay that you otherwise wouldn't have to with a 4 cylinder swap in your 4 cylinder car. good luck with your plans though!
I was just googling it to see if it has ever been done and a post on this forum cane up (which is actually hiw i came across 6ga) i just thought it was an interesting/awesome idea

sbanitt13

Reaction score
Welcome! Interesting color, do you have plans to paint the front/rear bumper to match? If the whole car was that color I think it would look pretty good.

Like said above if you want to do the V6/6MT swap it's much easier/cheaper to start with a V6 car. The swap is enough of a headache as-is. The only AWD swap I know of on here was a CRV drivetrain put into a Civic. But people have talked about AWD 6GA's, just no one has done it.
I was planning on keeping everything thats black black and either repainting the orange parts orange, or changing the orange parts to white. But there are so many people that do black/white combo cars, orange/black is a little more rare.
Is probably do black side skirts too

Last edited:

sbanitt13

Reaction score
0a33143461e19dbc01f549f52dd15593.jpg

This is the post i was talking about, i re read it and he was taking about j35 swaps being successfully done, not awd swap

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
This is the post i was talking about, i re read it and he was taking about j35 swaps being successfully done, not awd swap

an awd swap would definitely be interesting and awesome though haha. it'd be sweet to see the swap done for sure...go for it haha.

Last edited:

sbanitt13

Reaction score
an awd swap would definitely be interesting and awesome though haha. it'd be sweet to see the swap done for sure...go for it haha.
I was looking at awd crv engines/trannys and the 02-07 ones have k20 and k24 engines in them. If people do k swaps in their accord how much of a stretch would that really be to add the tranny and the rear end? I mean obviously theres still gonna be a lot of fabrication/modification that needs to be done and it will take a lot of ingenuity but i think it would be possible.
The wheelbase of the crv was ~103 inches and the 6th gen coupe is ~105 so you'd have to shift something around but it's close.

Just an idea haha

Back