DIY- LX 5 Lug and Rear Disc Swap

ebxgsxr

Reaction score
hmm, i may do this & just take my time finding the parts at the junkyards. but i was wondering when doing the 5 lug conversion, you automatically are swapping to rear disc, right? there were no 5 lug rear drum set up were there?

MrLazie1

Reaction score
nope. no 5 lug drums. cause you have to take them from the v6 and they're dics brakes. why would you want drums? :eh:

ebxgsxr

Reaction score
well, it's not that i prefer drums over disc. i just didnt know if drums were available when doing the conversion. and if they were available if it would make the conversion easier.

let me as those of you that have done the swap.....one thing that was in the back of my mind was how well does your parking brake hold? when my brother had his integra, he had a problem with his parking brake holding when parking on a hill. the tech working on the car said that he could not adjust the parking brake b/c it was engaged by the caliper, and the only thing we could try would be to try new cables (in case the old ones were stretched). i dont want that to happen to mine if i do the conversion since i have a remote start on my manual trans car.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
well, it's not that i prefer drums over disc. i just didnt know if drums were available when doing the conversion. and if they were available if it would make the conversion easier.

let me as those of you that have done the swap.....one thing that was in the back of my mind was how well does your parking brake hold? when my brother had his integra, he had a problem with his parking brake holding when parking on a hill. the tech working on the car said that he could not adjust the parking brake b/c it was engaged by the caliper, and the only thing we could try would be to try new cables (in case the old ones were stretched). i dont want that to happen to mine if i do the conversion since i have a remote start on my manual trans car.

you have to buy new cables if youre switching from rear drums to rear discs anyway, so your ebrake should work fine, depending on if the person that does the installation does everything right.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Whoever that mechanic was is a retard.

It shows you how to adjust the ebrake in a Haynes.

Back