Where can I get an h22 wiring harness?

WhiteAccord

Banned
Reaction score
possibly boomslang.com, havent really been on their site latelty buy they might do it for you.

ib042129

Reaction score
Oh ****! I put my new engine and transmission together.
I was finally able to lift the thing, and see all the connections clearly.
AND THERE IS A FREAKING HUGE DIFFERENCE!
I think if worst comes to worst I can rewire the whole thing since I have all the connector ends saved, but I was first looking into getting a h22 wiring harness.

What's a nice place to buy a harness from?
And will and OBD2 h22 harness fit? Or a generic OBD1 harness? (Like from F22)

And in the ordering illustrations like on majestic honda.
If the part labeled as #1 what I'm looking for?

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...R+SIVTEC&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=WIRE+HARNESS

Thank you for your help.

New engine OBD1 H22a
Old Engine OBD2b F23 non vtec.

S-spec

Reaction score
If you are installing an H22 in your car, you should use the originaly F23 harness and change the connectors that need t be changed. Which isn't much, other than distributer connector(s), and MAYBE the injector connectors, along with the IACV cnversion. Also, just run 2 wires for the VTEC pressure switch and the VTEC solenoid from the ECU. The 2nd wire from the VTEC pressure switch is just a ground, so you can ground it on the thermostat. That should be it.

Also, don't forget to keep the original F23 Alternator. You will run into stupid problems if you try to use the H22 one. They look identical, but the circuitry is different, the Prelude's being from an OBD1, and our Accord's from an OBD2B.

If you are using an OBD1 computer, than you will also need an OBD2B to OBD1 conversion harness.

If you need any help with specifics, PM me and I'll help you out :)

ib042129

Reaction score
I just pulled the wire harness out of the car and
just sat there for a few hours trying to compare it with the wiring diagrams and the left over pugs on my H22.

I am a quite confused. Maybe someone can help me out?

1)What is the white/yellow, black/yellow wires that
are attached to a plug next to the fuel rail? (H22)

2)Does EACV=EVAP=IAC (All claim same color wires)
(H22 wiring labels it as Electronic Air Control Valve
f23 wiring labels it as Evaporative Emission Purge Controll Valve)

3)CAn I reuse the EGR valve from my f23? (And it wires up just fine then?)

4)What else can the IACV be called? I can't seem to find it in the H22 wiring diagram, nor can I do it by the wires you gave in the G23 writeup.

5)Where the hell is the Vtec Pressure switch? Can't find the light blue wire. (Have like a sensor with a single Yellow/Green wire under the Dizzy. Is that it?)

6)IAB, Knock Sensor, Vtech Solenoid, Vtech Pressure SW, all need new wires to the ECU?

7)Not quite sure yet how to find a speciffic pin on the ecu socket. (Like how do I find A4.)

All others (except for the Distributer to which I did not get to yet.) seem to be ok.
I think I will try to wire up everything I know about and then see what is left.
Thanks

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
Ok here we go... (if you are going to be converting to obd1)Get a conversion harnes and...

You will have to do Dizzy wiring.
You will have to extend vtec,vtec pressure,knock.
You will have to convert your iac to 2 wire.
I cant remember off top of my head if we have IAB's with f23's i know f22's do. If so extend it.

You will probably have to extend some, of the wiring on the side of the head, ect etc.... or just simply open the wiring harness up and seperate them, that will give you slack.

You will have to run the wiring for your crankshaft TDC,CKF i believe, up into the dizzy wiring.

So far thats all i can think about off the top of my head.

ib042129

Reaction score
Ok here we go... (if you are going to be converting to obd1)Get a conversion harnes and...

You will have to do Dizzy wiring.
You will have to extend vtec,vtec pressure,knock.
You will have to convert your iac to 2 wire.
I cant remember off top of my head if we have IAB's with f23's i know f22's do. If so extend it.

You will probably have to extend some, of the wiring on the side of the head, ect etc.... or just simply open the wiring harness up and seperate them, that will give you slack.

You will have to run the wiring for your crankshaft TDC,CKF i believe, up into the dizzy wiring.

So far thats all i can think about off the top of my head.

Thanks.
But I know all that. And I have obd2b to obd1 harness.
I'm just trying to see if I can rewire the plugs to fit the h22.
And at this point I'm looking at specific things, and trying to double check.
I know about the distributor wiring. And my f23 does not have iab.

Can you (or someone) please take some time to answer my questions speciffially? Questions 1-5 are things that I could not find in my wiring diagrams, or people's writeups.

Thanks

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
honda-tech.com, you will find it there. and if not, get a prelude engine wiring schematic, and an accord and over lay them to get what you need.

Back