educate me on lips... confused.

changaroo

Reaction score
hey guys

picking up a 6th gen coupe av6 soon.

im looking at a few lips, dont know where to order from yet, but what im seeing from various ebay auctions / absdynamics is that they offer lips for the coupe but 4 cylinder only?

is there really a difference? ive read here that theres a difference for the 98-00 bumpers, and the 01-02's, but not too sure that there was a difference for the 4 cylinders and 6 cylinders?

since the OEM lip is too expensive and i cant be bothered to source once, im looking at the mugen alternative. i also really like the WW lip, but it seems like they only fit sedans?

can someone point me in the right direction via an ebay link for a 99 accord v6 coupe lip? ebay will be fine as long as there are no fitment issues.

thanks!

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There is no difference between 4cyl and 6cyl bumpers. Only sedan/coupe and 98-00/01-02

changaroo

Reaction score
are the mugen lips safe to buy from ebay? i dont wnt to run into fitment issues.
ive seen some accords on here with the lip bent up in the middle, and it looks rediculously dumb.

pyaarawala

Reaction score
You might have fitment issues, you might not. When I got my type r lip from eBay it didn't fit perfectly. Just cross your fingers or save up and get a WW kit. It's available for the coupes.

WhiteAccord

Banned
Reaction score
Changaroo ehhh.... Welcome to the site, Take pics when you get a chance on the Accord. The best to get would BE oem, AND it dosent matter if it is the V6 or 4 banger, stupid Ebay people.

changaroo

Reaction score
thanks man :)

ill take pics! after i murda it out. hehe.

ive called a few honda dealers in GA and they dont seem to have the OEM lip anywhere -.-

looks like moogen it is.

changaroo

Reaction score
everythings gonna be black :)

sure! once im done with everything we can go shoot somewhere

WhiteAccord

Banned
Reaction score
No need for secrets now...If you need some help on working on the cat hit the guy with the white Accord up.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Ebay lips are cheap and i would avoid them at all cost. Honestly, after breaking accouple (which will happen) and paint, an oem lip is going to probably be cheaper long term. The only reason i'm concidering another one (mine lasted 2 years but i repaired it 3x) is that i don't have any other options on an 02 accord. I almost convertered to a 98-00 front and rear actually.

Back