What's your average MPG???

WizadOfOz

Reaction score
98 Accord Sedan M/T 134,000 miles.

Averaging between 32-34.

Aiming for a Goal of 36 mpg and then move on to 40pmg.
Picture.jpeg

Last edited:

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
How do you plan on getting 40 mpg in a heavy accord?? I'm pretty sure it'll be all highway, don't see that happening combined

WizadOfOz

Reaction score
How do you plan on getting 40 mpg in a heavy accord?? I'm pretty sure it'll be all highway, don't see that happening combined

Actually the most optimal speed to travel is around 45 mph, not city nor highway. Think more of rural back roads, 40 mpg is not easily attainable on cars this size, but by applying small mods here and there you can definitely see the FE rising.

My next mod involves deleting the passenger mirror and replacing it with an indoor side camera that gives you outside vision.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Actually the most optimal speed to travel is around 45 mph, not city nor highway. Think more of rural back roads, 40 mpg is not easily attainable on cars this size, but by applying small mods here and there you can definitely see the FE rising.

My next mod involves deleting the passenger mirror and replacing it with an indoor side camera that gives you outside vision.
I'd be really interested to see your side mirror mod, when the time comes!

32-34mpg... Damn.. I'll be dancing w/ Moon Walk at the gas station, if I ever get 30mpg..

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Damn, going all out with aero mods? I'm interested in seeing the mirror mod too. Wonder how many people actually managed to hit 40 mpg in these cars.

Notb an accord obviously but I wanted to brag a little haha. 90 crx, sohc zc, dx trans with no 2nd, dpfi (I need to switch to mpfi in spring)- 45.95 mpg combined :)

CokeZero

Reaction score
Well I put in 7 gallons and drove 210 miles until I had to add more, Looks like I just got 30mpg.

Still with a bad o2 also.

Hoff Daddy

Reaction score
I got 30-35 might on vacation once, so the car was packed full. It's a very lightly modified 4cyl lx sedan a/t. That was straight Highway and my o2 sensor was starting to foul. I live in the Ozark, hills everywhere, but the car just had its distributor and o2 sensor changed and now it doesn't even need to downshift to climb a hill, plenty of torque. My mom around home went from 24-26 to around 30 and I'm very pleased.

nine23

Reaction score
F20B with F23 transmission all highway 500 miles on one tank of gas... drove from Connecticut to Sparta KY and got it going both ways

Back