Misfire Help!

QuantaGolla

Reaction score
I'm having a problem with my 2001 accord v6 with 221k miles misfiring. I've looked at other threads and can't find one that's quite like mine. I have misfires on cylinder 1,3,4,5,6 and random misfire and multiple misfires detected. P0300 P0301 P0303 P0304 P0305 P0306 P1300. I've checked my coil packs by unplugging one at a time with the engine on and noticed no change in engine idle. And i'm guessing with that test i also checked the spark plugs? Anyways all that checks out and I was looking around at other forums and one of the easy suggestions was to try and use sea foam. I tried it and it worked for a little bit, I got all my power back for a little but but the engine light is back on. I've also noticed that when I change the gas i'm using (from phillips to quick trip) that the check engine light will turn off. Aaand I have recently had my timing belt, o2 sensor, and water pump replaced at 210k miles. Hopes this helps

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Quick guess, maybe the timing wasn't adjusted properly? Was it having those issues before or after you did the 210k mile service?
Also, you didn't also check the spark plugs when you pulled the coil packs. When were the plugs last replaced? Pull them one by one and inspect each of them for anything irregular

QuantaGolla

Reaction score
It didn't have these problems before I had the timing belt replaced. And I just checked the spark plugs today and everything seemed normal. I hope it's not the timing belt and I hope they don't make me pay another 600 for them to get to my timing belt. Is there any other common problems with this issue?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Similar issue?

Fast way to find out what's messed up is to add to the gas tank 'Seafoam', a whole can.

At the same time pull off intake tube, start it, you have to squirt a whole can of carb cleaner in there, WITH it running! Like, pshhht, pause, pshhht, pause, etc... Probly gotta restart the engine once in a while.

Now, fixed?

YAY
No-LMK, i have more.

Back