HIDs in stock fog lights

kamozee

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has successfully retrofitted HIDs into the stock 6th gen fog light housing. When I inquired with the shop previously they told me that they would need to cut the rear of the housing to make the H3 HID bulb fit. Has anyone done it successfully? Is there a shorter HID H3 bulb that fits without cutting the fog light housing?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I assume you're talking about the 98-00 Raybrigs. I've considered that myself, but yea I think you would have to cut through the back of the foglight housing so there's a hole to use the grommet on, and probably again into the mounting plate. just due to the length of the bulb assembly. Or there may be another way of doing it, lots of HID kits out there.

I decided to just use PIAA Ion Plasma H3 bulbs instead.

LeoY

Reaction score
I assume you're talking about the 98-00 Raybrigs. I've considered that myself, but yea I think you would have to cut through the back of the foglight housing so there's a hole to use the grommet on, and probably again into the mounting plate. just due to the length of the bulb assembly. Or there may be another way of doing it, lots of HID kits out there.

I decided to just use PIAA Ion Plasma H3 bulbs instead.

Sorry, just dropping this here, so I can find it later. I have those fogs and had no idea what bulbs worked in them, or if they were even replaceable lol

Back