OFFICIAL JDM H22A1 group buy socal

Status
Not open for further replies.

accord27

Reaction score
i have a question... i have a 98 5 speed accord. i thought about going h22 in it. but i like the fact that my car can drive 80 mph and not be revving so high like in a gsr. will i still be able to maintain that low freeway traveling rpm or will it change once i do the swap? i travel back and forth from sd to anaheim ALOT!!! thanks guys

lilcharlie

Reaction score
Well since no one wanted to get it, I just got one for myself , I got it for $695 and its already in my car,I been having it for 2 weeks, I LOVEEEEEEEEEE THIS MOTOR, eveything is wayyyyyyyy better then the f23 and I keep my f-tranny, I drive in the freeway a lot and its just like driving the f23 but with alottt more power I can cruise on the freeway with no problem

accord27

Reaction score
is that ur car in ur sig? that is a sexy accord! hmmm... maybe i'll go this route instead of boosting. hows ur gas mileage looking?

cvjoint

Reaction score
but I want a smooth and comfy rpm range I might get the h later
but so far my recipe includes some breathing components..Im also debating on going black or blue cover
black is more oem but blue is sexieer cause red is overkill imo..any thoughts?

You know you liked my Yellow spooner style cover ha ha. What happened, are you swapped?

I can answer some of the questions here since I'm using an H22A in my '00 coupe with F23 tranny. The gas millage is great, something like 32hwy 25city but it's on 91 octane. That's slightly better than my F23 motor that got 30hwy, 23city on average, so once you factor in higher octane cost it's the same. The 1st gear lenght is just fine, perfect for flooring and not loosing traction, 2, 3 are too long. In particular unless I redline going into 2nd I fall out of Vtec, but power delivery is smooth so to each his own. I prefer long gears, short gears are only there to make up for low power. In the long run no one should want short gears.

I'm surprised no one went for the deal, I got my swap done for $1k more this February and it was a ****ty job.

Last edited:

ccordex00

Reaction score
The engine is done! The car feels good but i had an issue last night
i'll write a comprehensive review later...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back