Ghost Ryder's Interior Renaissance.UPDATE 8/7 Dash trim, installed consl pics

thatklazzickid

Reaction score
Re:

Nice! I saw a set of black ones on eBay one time, I loved them. Can't wait to see the finished product with the silver trim and everything. Keep us updated!

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score
Re: Reupholstering, painting,dying some things....UPDATE 6/10/13

Bump for console and dash parts update.....

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score
Re: Reupholstering, painting,dying some things.UPDATE 6/13 Painted steering wheel & m

Bump for steering wheel, console, and gauge bezel updates....:coffee:

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Reupholstering, painting,dying some things.UPDATE 6/13 Painted steering wheel & m

Wow, very nice!
Interested in seeing the finished product.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Things look to be coming along nicely, excited to see the console in the car. Keep it up!

Seems like all the paint should hold up over time, only concern might be the steering wheel due to all the contact it gets, mixed with heat in the summer.

Hef23lin

Reaction score

doing an amazing job! keep it up

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score

Thanks guys.:)

Things look to be coming along nicely, excited to see the console in the car. Keep it up!

Seems like all the paint should hold up over time, only concern might be the steering wheel due to all the contact it gets, mixed with heat in the summer.

The steering wheel is still a concern to me for those reasons Chris. I hope the Fusion paint stands up as good as it did on some cheap plastic lawn chairs that I had for three years. They where sat in regularly, and always exposed to weather year round. After three years I couldn't see any real fading, and the stuff would not come off. All that was with no prep before spraying either. Figure worst case scenario, I go get a cool steering wheel cover :lawl: ........not really

Simkid5614

Reaction score

I get the steering wheel, Its just easier. BUT SO MANY ARE LOOKING for woodgrain.
i have it, so I'm not. But I know people who'd want to trade.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

It looks like you did an awesome masking job on the steering wheel. :thumbsup:

Gloss Black, then Duplicolor #BGM0478 Medium Marblehead Metallic
Just out of curiosity. Why adding those coats before the final in silver?

Mikey

Reaction score

Can't remember off the top of my head but isn't there a steering wheel that fits our car that's black with perf leather...?

Otherwise, it looks good. What kind of feel or consistency does the carpet have after being painted?

Back