Ghost Ryder's Interior Renaissance.UPDATE 8/7 Dash trim, installed consl pics

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: Reupholstering, painting,dying some things.UPDATE 6/13 Painted steering wheel & m

^2G CL-S/TL-S wheel. But I think he wanted to be able to paint a wheel gloss black to match his theme.

thatklazzickid

Reaction score
Re: Reupholstering, painting,dying some things.UPDATE 6/13 Painted steering wheel & m

Looking amazing man!! I love the cluster surround and the rings, cant wait to see the finished product! Mad props on the center consol, love the silver there. Keep up the quality work man:bowdown:

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score

Appreciate the feedback guys. Helps to keep me from going nuts from sanding and painting hours on end....:run:

Simkid5614 & Mikey: Chris said it best as to why I chose this wheel
^2G CL-S/TL-S wheel. But I think he wanted to be able to paint a wheel gloss black to match his theme.

Mikey:The texture of the carpet is pretty natural feeling. Im due for an expected touch up now that the foot traffic patterns have worn down their usual spots. But beyond that I should be good for a while.

It looks like you did an awesome masking job on the steering wheel. :thumbsup:

Just out of curiosity. Why adding those coats before the final in silver?

Sil2DrV6: Thanks. As for the Silver,
-I did ALOT of test sprays on stuff and research to find out what will give a silver paint the best reflection possible. Next to using "Killer Chrome Paint" or something simular wich is over priced and probably not worth it.

-What I find is that laying down gloss black after primer, prior to silver, will help the depth and clarity of the reflections. I also tried white ,and grey. The lighter the base, the brighter the silver. I found this to be the same with almost any silver. Engine, chrome in a can, and a few car colors.

-I was going for Hyper Silver, but had a last minute change of color.(To match interior better I hope)

Im hoping to do some wet sanding on the console tonight. But clear coat will have to wait for a break in weather.:ryan:

Mikey

Reaction score

How does the black on the CL/TL different from "gloss" black...? :confused:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Sil2DrV6: Thanks. As for the Silver,
-I did ALOT of test sprays on stuff and research to find out what will give a silver paint the best reflection possible. Next to using "Killer Chrome Paint" or something simular wich is over priced and probably not worth it.

-What I find is that laying down gloss black after primer, prior to silver, will help the depth and clarity of the reflections. I also tried white ,and grey. The lighter the base, the brighter the silver. I found this to be the same with almost any silver. Engine, chrome in a can, and a few car colors.

-I was going for Hyper Silver, but had a last minute change of color.(To match interior better I hope)

Im hoping to do some wet sanding on the console tonight. But clear coat will have to wait for a break in weather.:ryan:
Hmm that's interesting. I thought the layer of a color shuts down the color underneath. I didn't know adding other colors prior to the main color would create such an effect.

Looking really fwd to seeing the outcome, b/c I've been thinking about doing this since a while ago.

cjsaccord

Reaction score
Re: Reupholstering, painting,dying some things.UPDATE 6/24/13 Steering wheel pnt.comp

This looks legit:omgbd:
I wish I had the balls and time to do this to my car.

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score
Re: Reupholstering, painting,dying some things.UPDATE 6/24/13 Steering wheel pnt.comp

Well it looks like I can add on another "to do" on my list. Just picked up an 01-03 Cl auto dim rear view today.:naughtyrun:

I have been wanting to do this for a long time-

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score

How does the black on the CL/TL different from "gloss" black...? :confused:

The only two choices of steering wheels that I am aware of is the perforated leather /wood grain one from the MDX-or-the all leather one from the CL.

But none that are stright gloss black.:thinking: If Im wrong here, please let me know.

Last edited:

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score

Does that mirror show cardinal directions? I've been wanting to swap to a mirror that shows N, NE, E, SE, etc etc

The one I have does not. But there was a mirror that came in some of the CL's (or TL's for that matter)that was North Star equipped. They may have.

Back