Ground Control Sleeve HELP

Akingkhan

Reaction score
If your going to be using these ground control sleeves you will need to go out & buy some o rings that will go over your struts & inside of the sleeves. Just put like 5 on each strut & you should be fine.

Fabian

Reaction score
^^ what he said. I've seen youtube videos of guys wrapping the struts in hockey tape to close the gap, and I've seen most people use some big rubber rings that will keep the sleeve from chattering and making any movement on the strut too.

thatklazzickid

Reaction score
it is not the sellers fault, he had them on his car, i should have done more research before buying them. as for the o-rings, if i could find some that were 1/4 in thick, i would prob give it a try but i would really rather get ones that are made for our cars with stiffer rates as well.

as for finding out what car these are for, that has proved difficult, lots of distributors use stock photos so its hard to tell from matching them up by looks. i will do more forum hopping in the next few days. il prob call ground control again to see if they can get me the measurements of the sleeves for the EK Civics as thats what i think they go on.

Nothing against Ground Control, but i do believe they use the same sleeves on many different models but would rather you not know so you feel more comfortable buying new. Otherwise, i should be able to call them and give them the size of the sleeves and he should be able to tell me what car its for.

anyway, ill keep everyone updated, thanks for all who helped. i appreciate it.

thatklazzickid

Reaction score
so they dont fit the EK civics.
im thinking maybe miatas? any other ideas guys?
if i get a direction i can try and find someone around here to test fit on their shocks or call up companies for specs.
any help at all and i would be greatful!!

Back