suspension problems plz help.

FreSH4dr

Reaction score
was up guys . i recently did my suspension. i did k sport springs(2.5 front drop 2 rear drop) and tokico blues. the rear is fine but im getting a serious clunking/ slamming sound up front from the small bumps. big bumps sounds even worse. i first installed them with no bump stops. then i put some poly bump stops from work about 1 and 3/4 inch. it was perfect for about a couple days then i guess i hit a hard bump and it jus split the bumps stops in half and the were wedged in the spring.i know u guys are way lower than me but idk if im too low in the front or not for my setup. wen i hit the brakes too hard it seem to bottom out just from that. it seem there is no travel at all its like the shocks are completly compressed. does anyone else have this problem. i am debating changing the spring to just 2inch drop front and rear. i like the look of it now but hate the way it feels in the front. any help is greatly appreaciated.

Akingkhan

Reaction score
Your uca (upper control arm) is hitting your strut tower the way to fix that is to raise your car up some or cut the strut tower
here you go

FreSH4dr

Reaction score
I'm not sure about that I check the ucas for damage and underneath the shock towwers but they're clean. That also wouldn't explain my bump stop exploding like they did

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
It's your uca hitting, comes with the terriorty of lowering the cg brah. If anything check all other steering and suspension components to be sure there are no other potential issues causing the bumping sound.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
It shouldn't hit assuming you're taking it slow enough.

Either way as long as the strut assembly is put together correctly, its your UCA.

FreSH4dr

Reaction score
Yea I know it comes with the territory. Just I'm not 100% convinced Its the Uca. Wouldn't there be some marring on the top of uca or under the shock tower? This is my second cg. First was a 4cyl lowered on cheap eBay coilovers but I never had this problem with that one. Does anybody else have that problem with the bump stops. Breaking?

bRaZEn_407

Reaction score
Now that I re-read his post. It could possibly be something else other than the UCA's. Noting that he said he is dropped on K-Sport springs. I don't think that is enough of a drop to have your UCA's hit the tower. I'm slammed on FF type 1's. Look at my signature, & my UCA's almost NEVER hit.

FreSH4dr

Reaction score
How could I doubt its installed incorrectly I did it all the same way as always. Idk.

FreSH4dr

Reaction score
im thinking about taking the springs off.. anybody wanna buy k sport springs?

Back