Caliaccord's 2002 Accord sedan Lx (56k) (Big Update 9/12/15)

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
Update. Purchased a Mugen rear lip around Christmas from Juicebox for a really great price. Muffler didn't line up that well with the exhaust cut-out from the lip so I had another muffler hanger added to pull the muffler so it lined up. Painted it about a week ago, now just waiting for to rain to past to install it. Also ordered some of the rubber stripping that goes between the lip and the bumper on the s2000's so the lip doesn't scratch the bumper.

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
Before

After

Sorry for the low quality pics, couldn't find camera. Let me know how you guys like the lip.

Last edited:

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
Thanks man. Yeah, fitment was pretty good for the most part. The s2000 molding I bought filled in any little gaps that were between the lip and bumper. I love how the lip and side skirts flow so well now. Whole project including the lip, paint and molding only cost me $70 so I'm stoked.

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
Checked on my lip today after driving about 30 minutes to make sure the lip wasn't touching my muffler and it wasn't. The thing is the lip is getting extremely hot right above the exhaust cutout. Anyone know a way to keep this from happening? Really don't want the heat to warp my lip. Maybe use heat wrap on the inside part of the lip?:shrug:

Back