Help with rear bayson R lip

Erknee916

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'm the only person who has had an issue with the lip. but for some reason I cannot get it to sit flush with the "fake lip line". It always sits underneath it. (I have 01-02 coupe). I called them and they referred me to a shop near their store, and even they had a hard time with it, they even double sided sticky taped it, but it just sagged. Am I totally missing something?

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Mine sucked too. Nobody else seemed to have much of any issue. They must have tried a new design and it sucked or something. I tried using a heat gun and I fixed some of it but still it's not that great

Erknee916

Reaction score
There's a thread on here where one member cut the lip, added some filler, bondo over it or something and repainted it. turned out great. I have the same problem and have not had the motivation to actually try and replicate it.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46708&highlight=rear+lip+cut

Yeah, I kinda lost motivation after seeing the fitment. which is weird because most people have had great success. I'm not sure what happened with me lol. And my bumpers are OEM too. The side skirts from bayson fit right at least. But I think I'll just have to get the OEM lip kit and get some 98-00 bumpers. UGH.

LeoY

Reaction score
Yeah, I kinda lost motivation after seeing the fitment. which is weird because most people have had great success. I'm not sure what happened with me lol. And my bumpers are OEM too. The side skirts from bayson fit right at least. But I think I'll just have to get the OEM lip kit and get some 98-00 bumpers. UGH.

Almost impossible to find the OEM lips these days though, and we are talking used.

Erknee916

Reaction score
Almost impossible to find the OEM lips these days though, and we are talking used.

Yeah, I had the whole kit on my 98 v6, but i sold the damn car. didn't know i was gonna get another 6g lol....crap. Speaking of, do you guys know if the bayson r lip for the 98-00, uses the same OEM mounting points if I were to do a bumper swap?

Back