How do group buys begin?

vtfulton

Reaction score
Im interested in AMR coilovers, and wanted to know if i needed to contact Andy first? or if got a certain number of people a group buy was ok?

Let me know.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yeah, you usually have to contact the company first and ask them about a group buy. amr coilovers usually have a pretty good lead time from what i've seen over the years, so you might just be better off getting a set on your own. a group buy with those might take a while and a lot of work. amr's are built to order and from what i remember, andy likes to talk with each customer to get an idea of what they want. he used to be on the forum, but i haven't seen him around in a while.

Last edited:

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
If you want to go the Group Buy route. I would suggest you FIRST get at least 10 people to commit and willing to pay up front and maybe wait for a few months if not longer, then contact AMR saying I have 10 people ready to put money down. But, Good luck with that...

Maybe his lead times are better now that he has a bigger facility and more years in experience, but in the past they were sketchy and went longer than expected for most customers. Understandable since they are made to order.

He might do a group buy for this site again, Might not. Some members on this site left a sour taste in Andy's mouth.

However, for the money, he makes a damn fine coilover.

kn0x47

Reaction score
i don't see andy wanting to do a group buy again with this site. Personally i'd recommend just buying some bcracing coils and saving yourself the hassle of dealing with andy

Back