"Big Three / Grounding Kit" - Improving your electrical grounds

SpEeD LuNaTiKz

Reaction score
Hey just curious were u got ur ring terminals that are the goldish color. Do u have a system by chance and if so are you running and does the grounding help cause my subs defently dim the lights and all that other stuff when they hit and I wouldnt mind getting some better voltage and more stable

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
i got all of the parts off of partsexpress.com

i've purchased from them a few different times (for this project, and for a few other car / home theater projects) and they've always had great prices, products & shipping.

if the links in my original post aren't working anymore, try the site's search feature or just browse through to the category you need.

system is in my sig. improving the grounds helped quite a bit for me, but some cars/systems might opt for a better battery & alternator as well. either way, start with improving your grounds imo.

Last edited:

eg_ferio

Reaction score
man... shipping is way too much for us canadian buyers on these sites... guess i will have to get the parts locally..crap!

nexTOme

Reaction score
i upgraded my ground with 2 guage wire/same battery terminal cody recommended. got battery/alt. checked at autozone and they both are fine.

problem is, i dont see the improvement with ground upgrade.
my parking light/cabin light/dashboard ligh/guage cluster still dims when i pull up the window or under heavy acceleration.....

any thoughts?

nexTOme

Reaction score
well, i GUARANTEE you its not the wire

:hide:

i figured it out....:redface2: it was the wire.....it was supposed to be a black=ground, but its red=+......:skurred:

haha jk...but seriously...what am i missing? :thinking:

and badger stop whoring it up :darryl:

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
try grinding down the terminals at the chassis

make sure the grounds are TIGHT

Back