nikon d3000 accessories

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
If your happy that is all that matters. It is much easier to take pictures with a camera you love and enjoy, than with one that is nice but you can not work. I have a D80 and I know it is not that great, and becoming outdated. But I know how to work it, and feel comfortable with it. That is all that I care about. (but i do want to upgrade eventually aka D7000 here I come)

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
yeah i just looked up current pricing for the d40 and d3000 and its basically the same so its not as big of a deal anymore. it was just that the d3000 was "newer" but not a real improvement over the d40. doesnt the d40 have 11pt AF too? i thought it did but its been a long time sense i've used it

Nah, the D40 only has 3 pt AF unfortunately

If your happy that is all that matters. It is much easier to take pictures with a camera you love and enjoy, than with one that is nice but you can not work. I have a D80 and I know it is not that great, and becoming outdated. But I know how to work it, and feel comfortable with it. That is all that I care about. (but i do want to upgrade eventually aka D7000 here I come)

That you do, unfortunately you hardly ever post pics haha. Raymond is good but I get bored with what seems like the same exact shots & angles every time with just different cars lol (and since he only posts in the random photo thread and when he has a new shoot hopefully he won't see this :D )

To be honest I don't even know what cameras have come out in the last year, and how the 3000 stacks up currently. I will probably wait to upgrade until I feel like I've learned everything there is to know and my knowledge is surpassing the camera's abilities. I haven't even really gotten in to flashes & filters yet. And then it will be to something that does HD video too, which should only come down in price over the next year or two.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Well maybe I will try and post more pictures haha. I just always forget to post them on here unless they are car related

tunerbum147

Reaction score
Well maybe I will try and post more pictures haha. I just always forget to post them on here unless they are car related

more pictures would be fantastic, of cars or anything i love looking at other peoples pictures to try to help myself take a better picture.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
read the thread about shooting in manual mode, if I had the luxury of not relying on film I would be taking tons of photos, but with my cameras i've had good luck with the basic principles of using a manual mode. one caviat though is that my old AT-1 has a visual sensor that lets you know where you are in the ballpark of letting light in with your shutter speed, aperture and iso settings as they are.

If you can try shooting in manual mode you'll get more out of enjoyment out of your camera, that has been my experience with my full manual vs my rebel. I tend to take less photos but I work so much harder to make sure everything is as close to ideal as possible before opening the shutter.

tunerbum147

Reaction score
read the thread about shooting in manual mode, if I had the luxury of not relying on film I would be taking tons of photos, but with my cameras i've had good luck with the basic principles of using a manual mode. one caviat though is that my old AT-1 has a visual sensor that lets you know where you are in the ballpark of letting light in with your shutter speed, aperture and iso settings as they are.

If you can try shooting in manual mode you'll get more out of enjoyment out of your camera, that has been my experience with my full manual vs my rebel. I tend to take less photos but I work so much harder to make sure everything is as close to ideal as possible before opening the shutter.

i have used older film cameras what are full manual and it is fun to make your own shot and not relying on the camera to set everything up. you get the real effect that you want. im sure i will have fun doing it with my new camera :driving:

Back