*UPDATE 9/15/12* Has anyone ever tried to retro FX-R projectors ?

Chris Vu

Reaction score
So anyways, I can get a pretty good deal on a set of FX-Rs and I want to retro them, but I did a search and haven't seen anyone retro these in our headlights before. Does anyone know if they will fit with little cutting ? Supposedly they come "in a close second place to the Acura TL" projectors.

Here are the dimensions:
Max Depth: 140mm (5.50" inches)
Max Height 95mm (3.75 inches)
Max Width 112mm (4.35 inches)
Lens Diameter 2.5 inches

UPDATE 9/15/12

So I finished getting the projector into the housing and got everything painted and secured to the housing, only to realize that the adjustment screws don't work anymore!!! It's not necessarily the screws that don't work, rather the retaining piece of plastic it screws into. The piece of plastic I'm talking about is behind the reflector buckets and the adjustment screw screws into these little plastic pieces. I guess they're worn out or something. Does ANYONE have any idea how to fix them, or get new ones ?! I'm not sure if Honda would sell anything like that, and I really don't want to have to get new reflector buckets ..

IMG_20120914_193920.jpg

I should have painted the cutoff shield black ..

Last edited:

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
Re: Has anyone ever tried to retro FX-R projectors ?

FX-R projectors? Umm...I think you mean FX projectors. FX-Rs are the replica lenses sold by The Retrofit Source. As for if anyone has retrofitted FX projectors into a 6th gen Accord headlight, yes it has been done. You'll need to hack the hell out of the headlight for them to fit, but if you don't mind that then it's doable.

Chris Vu

Reaction score

FX-R projectors? Umm...I think you mean FX projectors. FX-Rs are the replica lenses sold by The Retrofit Source. As for if anyone has retrofitted FX projectors into a 6th gen Accord headlight, yes it has been done. You'll need to hack the hell out of the headlight for them to fit, but if you don't mind that then it's doable.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=101

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39580

Selling for stupid cheap, just have to reseal them.

There is also Shenaniganz08 who did a write up on them.

http://www.v6performance.net/forums...9-fx35-projector-retrofit-6th-generation.html

There ya go.

Thank you, sir!

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score

Yeah, they're just Infiniti FX projectors with the replica lenses from what I can tell. Still bulky & a rather difficult project.

Chris Vu

Reaction score

In that case, would it be worth it if I were to get them for $100 with a shroud and clear lenses ?

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score

It depends how experienced you are at retrofitting, and if you're willing to hack up your headlight.

Chris Vu

Reaction score

I did Morimoto MH1's lol .. I have a second set of headlights to do too lol.

truWarier02

Reaction score

I did Morimoto MH1's lol .. I have a second set of headlights to do too lol.

I'm considering on doing the MH1 retrofit. Looks pretty straightforward after seeing Matt's (juicebox) DIY.

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score

I wouldn't consider using Morimotos as an actual retrofit, those are closer to the plug-n-play side of the difficulty scale for argument's sake.

Back