eBay Suspension Parts

Nowheremon

Reaction score

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I wouldn't trust eBay parts for something that plays such a crucial role as suspension, personally. Especially parts with bushings or joints. Struts/springs is a definite no.

Last edited:

Nowheremon

Reaction score
I wouldn't trust eBay parts for something that plays such a crucial role as suspension, personally. Especially parts with bushings or joints. Struts/springs is a definite no.

People seem to have good luck with those though. What is a good low cost option for LCA's, Sway bar endlinks, and Struts then? Is is worth replacing everything else at 130k?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^I think an OE lower control arm from an auto parts store is alright, but I'd buy OEM ball joints to be pressed in. Moog is good for endlinks, cheapest I've found them is $17 on RockAuto. OE replacement strut options would be KYB, or Sensen which seems to have an okay reputation too. I've never used either of those myself though.

I'd check a maintenance interval check sheet for when to replace things. For better or worse I've only replaced most things as they go bad.

Last edited:

Saleen5000

Reaction score
Sorry I don't mean to jack your thread but I'm also in the same situation.

I recently bought a '99 accord coupe with 276k on it, I hope to make it over 300k but inexpensively. I've been told my ball joints need to be replaced and I've heard lots of creaks from the front suspension. Also I hear some clunking in the rear, no idea what it could be although I've removed everything loose in the car. I've done some research on these companies which sell on ebay, they have tons of good feedback plus parts are at a much better price than honda OEM parts sold on discount sites. I'm thinking of buying one of these kits and then buying Honda lower ball joints to press into these lower control arms. I don't know whether I'll need the rear sway bar end links replaced nor the front (or rear) sway bar bushings. These kits seem to have almost the same things, although Detroit Axel does have a 10 year warranty... Can anyone comment on these kits and or give advice on whats really needing to be replaced while I'm down there like sway bar bushings, tie rod ends, etc.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/16-Pcs-Kit-...d-/291743568054?fits=Year:1999|Make:Honda|Mod

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-1...Accord&hash=item235660aefb:g:91sAAOSw3ydVxkYU

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-DLZ-Susp...17cff35:g:UuAAAOSwxN5WXVRv&vxp=mtr&rmvSB=true

Last edited by a moderator:

twofast4u

Reaction score
For the struts you posted, they say its for both v6 and 4cyl models. Even though it will fit, I believe the part numbers should be different because the v6 is heavier up front.

Back