Rear speakers hit trunk spring.

TheHunter

Reaction score
Hey my rear speakers have way bigger magnets than the stock ones, and as a result, my trunk spring is hitting them... I already loosened the spring, which basically makes it scrape by... but anyone know any better option? Could I possibly just remove the spring... but if I did, is there any other option for holding your trunk up, or would I just have to use my hand from then on? >_<

Asian Invasion

Reaction score
remove the springs and mount some hood struts to the under side of the deck on one end and to the swing arms on the other end.

TheHunter

Reaction score
Hmm, I'm liking Asian's idea. Also, they're Kicker... D600's I think... But yeah, I cant mount them higher, I wouldnt be able to put the covers back on them then.

redEYEjedi

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem. My speakers are currently loose and rattle since they aren't being attached properly.

What brands are people using in their rear speakers to NOT have them hit the trunk spring and actually fit inside the stock speaker covers??

I have some Eclipse rear 6x9's and they just dont fit. I would trade or sell them for something that just fits better.

Any suggestions??

lashlee

Reaction score
I made a plate and used some quart 6.5" midbasses in my rear deck. I don't have any trouble with it hitting the springs.

Back