H22 Swap

clutchkiickerr

Reaction score
I cant hold your hand through this swap man, sorry. I work on cars all day, I get burned out at night.

What you need to buy is dependent on what you've bought or plan to buy.

sorry but last question.....is it true that the h22a type s(jdm) does not fit in my 6th gen because the block was made different from the base model motor

bukloy

Reaction score
how would I come about wiring the h22 obd1 dizzy to work with the accord obdII harness. I read up there that you had to add 2 other wires, Thats where you lost me. basic overview: accord dizzy plug on harness has 4 wires: CYPP, CYPM, ICM, fuse. Where as the h22 dizzy has a 2 plugs, one big plug with 8 pins, and a small plug with 2. and the diagram for those plugs were already posted in the beginning of the thread. My problem is figuring out how to wire up the h22 dizzy to the harness ( how/what wires to add to the harness for the dizzy to work properly). what can I delete/discard, and what would be most significant to pin. Thank you, sorry for the lengthy inquiry. Been searching for weeks, and everyone says different things. Oh, and I will be running a chipped p28, so most things will be tuned out and I dont care for emissions.... I live in Kentucky. LOL

Drift

Reaction score
how would I come about wiring the h22 obd1 dizzy to work with the accord obdII harness. I read up there that you had to add 2 other wires, Thats where you lost me. basic overview: accord dizzy plug on harness has 4 wires: CYPP, CYPM, ICM, fuse. Where as the h22 dizzy has a 2 plugs, one big plug with 8 pins, and a small plug with 2. and the diagram for those plugs were already posted in the beginning of the thread. My problem is figuring out how to wire up the h22 dizzy to the harness ( how/what wires to add to the harness for the dizzy to work properly). what can I delete/discard, and what would be most significant to pin. Thank you, sorry for the lengthy inquiry. Been searching for weeks, and everyone says different things. Oh, and I will be running a chipped p28, so most things will be tuned out and I dont care for emissions.... I live in Kentucky. LOL

You have to take the 4 wires that would normally go down to the crank, (the ckp sensor and TDC sensor) and route them up to the distributor. Make sure you use shielded wire and try not to have too much excess wire to cause issues. Thats about it.

bukloy

Reaction score
You have to take the 4 wires that would normally go down to the crank, (the ckp sensor and TDC sensor) and route them up to the distributor. Make sure you use shielded wire and try not to have too much excess wire to cause issues. Thats about it.

Ok, I got that part done, now im stuck scratching my head to where I am to wire the other 2 wires. since the h22 dizzy has a second connector ( blue and blk/yellow) Im thinking the black yellow goes to power source, but dont know where, and read that the blue is for RPM, dont know where that goes either. Ive been cross-referencing the f23 wire diagram with the h22, and could not find where I can tap the rpm wire in the f23 harness. also I dont know where to wire up the blk yellow wire. I didnt think you ran into the same rpoblem cause you didnt post anything in your write up about the second plug. also, I pulled the plug off the h22 harness already. Iwill be using that one. any help?

twofast4u

Reaction score
I've been doing some reading, on here for a while about swapping the H22 in the accord. I finally acquired a motor for next to nothing, but I just found out that its a H22a4 motor from a Type SH prelude. Will this swap still work? All I've been reading on here is about the base h22a4. Can someone please let me know?

Thanks

bukloy

Reaction score
I believe the h22a4 from the sh will work, you jus have to deal wiith the stupid ATTS unit. I have and h22a4 base in my accord and most accord stuff can be used. If you don't want the hassle of rigging that atts to the accord. Jus find yourself a base block and save you the head ache. Jus my 2 cents. Anyone please contribute ;)

twofast4u

Reaction score
I believe the h22a4 from the sh will work, you jus have to deal wiith the stupid ATTS unit. I have and h22a4 base in my accord and most accord stuff can be used. If you don't want the hassle of rigging that atts to the accord. Jus find yourself a base block and save you the head ache. Jus my 2 cents. Anyone please contribute ;)

Thanks for the input bukloy. But thats what I've been reading, but the one thing I cant figure out is what the hell is ATTS? Also oon a side note would the H22a4 type sh tranny work with the f23? is it better than the oem f23 tranny?

Thanks again

bukloy

Reaction score
ATTS. Active torque transfer system. Its like an lsd for preludes.. the tranny for the h22a4 for the sh with the atts wiill not fit on the f23. Because of the stupid atts. But a base h22a4 tranny will fit. You might need the prelude axles though kuz the half shaft design is different. And prelude axles and half shafts are much more powerful. The oem f23 tranny is okay I guess. It has long gears and a crappy 2nd gear lol. The h22 trannys are so much better. Even an h23 tranny will work and much better than the f23 ones. This information is based on my own findings on my h22 swap. So if you happen to stumble upon better information that I may have forseen. Feel free to provide input =D

twofast4u

Reaction score
ATTS. Active torque transfer system. Its like an lsd for preludes.. the tranny for the h22a4 for the sh with the atts wiill not fit on the f23. Because of the stupid atts. But a base h22a4 tranny will fit. You might need the prelude axles though kuz the half shaft design is different. And prelude axles and half shafts are much more powerful. The oem f23 tranny is okay I guess. It has long gears and a crappy 2nd gear lol. The h22 trannys are so much better. Even an h23 tranny will work and much better than the f23 ones. This information is based on my own findings on my h22 swap. So if you happen to stumble upon better information that I may have forseen. Feel free to provide input =D

Ahah. ok that makes sense. So I guess I may sell this motor and tranny and pick up a base model h22a4. Hopefully I get more input that will help with using this motor.

Back