Doms 1990 Mustang GT

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
Found an ad on cl for new door panels, window motor/switches, headliner and seats. I cant afford all that right now though. Mechanical, cosmetic, suspension, brakes, power. Probably that order over the next several years

danmccormick87

Reaction score
He would just give it to me, but his wife won't allow that haha. She's pretty rough looking, but apparently is pretty quick and scary as **** to drive since he has some engine work done.

I had to read that twice, and about fell over laughing!!! :lol: I understand what you meant though, just a strange way to word it. Fox Bodies are by far my favorite Mustangs, as they are the only body style that I know of that Ford hasn't repeated, and they are just so iconic. Can't wait to follow this rebuild thread, and I know you'll have lots of fun and plenty of power to play with :beer:

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
its gonna be a real slow process. and LOL to the wording, didnt mean it like that at all haha.

went to advance auto and got myself an 11mm open and closed ended wrench and a new fan blade. gotta go back after work to get the clutch, they didnt have any in stock so im gonna go to autozone for the fan clutch. i just did some reading and people said that the heavy dudty (a/c) fan clutches are a little whacky, and for $35 cheaper, im gonna go with the standard duty fan clutch. hopefully i'll get that and the radiator in tonight :rock:

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
yeah dude i cant wait to actually enjoy the car.

update: got the new fan clutch, fan blade, and radiator in today. biggest problem was when i was holding the tension pulley, the socket slipped off and i whacked myself in the face with the pulley. felt a bit dizzy but yet i drove on :lawl:.

after pouring 1 gallon of un mixed antifreeze/coolant in the radiator, i saw it was leaking from 2 places. i dont know the exact name, but i think it was where the top radiator hose goes into the block. the other leak looked like it was coming from just above the oil pan closer to the drivers side. i tried to start it, but the starter just clicked. not sure if its a starter or a solenoid or maybe a fuse. i'll try to pop the clutch tomorrow during lunch...depending on how much coolant i lose overnight. its a steady drip......drip....drip.. from both leaks :lawl:

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
The top leak is the thermostat housing. The O-Ring / gasket is probably busted or non-existent. It's not really a big deal unless it's gushing coolant. The other leak may be of bigger concern. If that gets oil into the engine, then you gotta find out where the leak is coming form and fix that. Yea, you can start it up, but yea, you should know, lol.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
its pretty steady. not like flowing, but a consistent dripping. i really hope its not a bad head gasket at only 71K miles

Back