The opposite of slammed

tch_popeye

Reaction score
There don't seem to be many discussions (any?) of *lifting* the suspension from stock.

I've tried searching for 'lift', 'raise', and a handful of other terms. Am I missing the right one?

My '00 became my winter beater after 7 years of faithful service, and it's now given me another 7 in only the (deep Canadian) snow. During the summer, one of the things I do when I take it off the road is lift the suspension approximately half way, and put the pinch welds on blocks. With a little extra pressure in the tires, this unloads the weight by half, and seems to have been working really well to keep the wheels round and suspension in good order (still original equipment).

And every summer, sitting on the front step with the smell of fresh-cut lawn in my nostrils, and a well-earned beer draining down my throat, I think "Damn, the Accord looks way cool lifted up like that!" I need to confess, I really used to dig the AMC Eagle back in its day.

Seeing as how it's actually meant to beat the winters, I figure another inch or two (or three!) of ground clearance, would really help from time to time. And look badass.

Can anybody steer me towards some info?

Much obliged,

-Trevor

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Bigger tires, the manual starts movin in 2nd gear fine right? Make some ranger/s10/dakota **** fit! (Speedo will be, uh, wrong)

eggs

Reaction score
Knox you did I remember a guy wanting to raise his accord. never saw anything happen with it tho

tch_popeye

Reaction score
A little picture to explain my motivation (I scrape the driveway like I'm OCS to keep the sunshine melting ice, but here's today's photo after a good bit of melting the last couple of days): :canada:

(forget it - 15 minutes wasted trying to figure out why images won't attach, even if I make them tiny and well within the attachment quota listed :shrug:)

Thanks to xci.ed6, Varnell, kn0x47, eggs, for not being belligerent, and much thanks to RedRyder for digging out the threads I had been unable to find. Reading through the old threads yielded, unfortunately, no secret part numbers for straight-up swaps of e.g. suspension bits. Aside from the 'bigger tires', and 'stiffer springs'/'taller perches' ideas, this really doesn't seem like a well-travelled road.

I *tried* to explain it clearly enough, as did the OPs in the other threads, but some people just like to spread a little bit of hate instead of choosing not to participate. I'm glad that never happens amongst 6th Gen Owners... :shrug:

No kidding at all, ordinary sedans can get high-sided in the frozen ice ruts just coming down the crescent they live on here. And let's not bother talking about the huge pile of crap that the plow leaves at the end of minor streets, or on the rare occasion they come down my street... on the end of my driveway.

I like my Accord. I took possession of it with 8 km on the odometer, and put the next 250,000 there myself. I've taken good care of it, and it's taken good care of me. I do 95% of my own work, including the rare unscheduled stuff like A/C repair, front bearing swaps, and replacing parts of exhaust that the road salt has digested. The LAST thing I want to do is swap the car out for a brand/make with 3X greater repair needs and low overall reliability. Then I wouldn't be able to afford the extra car as a winter beater.

Ohh well... if my pipe dream ever moves along a little more, I'll be sure to come back and post pics.

Back