## new pics up## 17" wheel/tire question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexus_lei

Reaction score
Pl​
Hello all, I'm fairly new to this forum so please don't flame lol. Just got car back from paint shop after getting a fill body kit on amd repainted the car pearl white. Wanted to keep the white and black them going for the rims and found a nice set of 17" black spoke with white windows and white dish/inner barrel wheels. I do not plan on lowering the car just wanted to know which tire size to go with and if anyone has pics or could send a link to pics. Yes I've searched but didn't see any/many pics of members rides who actually did it just mainly flaming lol. I think I want to go w 225/45/17 but then I read some actually go 50 series or should I do wider than 225. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. I'm not able to post pics up of my car because whenever I do it says my files are too big. Sorry

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: 17" wheel/tire question..

Use an image sharing site like Photobucket to post photos. :)

How wide are the wheels, & what is the offset? With typical 17's at stock height, I'd go with 215/50 for tires. I have pics of stock height and 17x7 +52 wheels with 215/50 tires in my ride thread. You can do 225/45 if you're vehemently opposed to a 50 sidewall.

lexus_lei

Reaction score

http://s376.photobucket.com/user/lexus_lei/library/Mobile Uploads?sort=3&page=1
Here are couple pics I tried to do the photobucket thing, hopefully it works. Someone please chime in with how car will look/pics of 215/45 225/45 and maybe some 50 series at stock height. Rims I'm looking at getting are 17x7.5 and et38 which is kind n of high (not aggressive but kind of high) so wanted some opinions and feedback of what you guys think. Thank you and enjoy the pics. Please no flaming lol its still under construction!!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Rims are 17x7.5 et38. I'm not "opposed" to anything just wanted to actually see the differences in fender gap/4x4 lift lol and general drivability issues etc. Here are the rims
http://www.victoriatire.com/wheel_GTR RACING_GTR 704 WHITE BLACK_HONDA_ACCORD 4 CYL 98-02_17_17

If you get the correct tire specs (maintaining overall OEM diameter), your gap is hardly going to change from stock...maybe a percent or two. The gap sometimes looks bigger since the wheel diameter is larger and the tire sidewall is smaller when plus-sizing. You may be poking a little in front with +38 at stock height, but maybe not since the width is only 7.5". Either way since you are not lowering you shouldn't have any drivability issues.

The pics I mentioned are the first ones in my ride thread. This is stock height w/17x7 +52 wheels and 215/50 tires.

picture.php

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back