'Lil help........

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I have a quick question and I'm sure ONE of you can answer it.......

A few months ago I was driving in Hartford and the public works made a hole in the road to work on a pipe or something and they didn't fill it in all the way with asphalt and I hit it doing about 35 (it was either that or side swipe the person next to me to miss it). The hole was deep enough that when I hit it, it bent and cracked the wheel.

The question is, can the crack be fixed.......

I'm not really too concerned about it because I'm going to buy new wheels this winter, but I would like to be able to sell the ones I have, even if it's for $200.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
it should be able to be fixed. my guess would be to take the tire off, and weld both sides of the crack and grind/smooth it down to make it look lik eit wasnt even there.......thats how id do it.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
no prob :thumbsup:

also, try looking in the phonebook for wheel repair. i know in my area ive seen a van driving around that just does wheel repairs. i know were no where near close, hahaha, but if theirs one, theirs prolly more out there. good luck with it.

Roadrage

Reaction score
yeah it can be fixed...may cost you some $$, but yeah it can be fixed. Dre told me about a place here in md..just have to get my money 2-gether so i can have winter rims i dont mind getting f'd up. good luck though

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score
There are a lot of shops that do wheel repairs bro...i dont no bout CT....but here in cali theres plenty of shops...cost u some $$ though but can be done

Asian Invasion

Reaction score
I would contact the state or who ever is incharge of the road repair and see if they will pay to replace what was damaged.

Back