DIY: Voltmeter

Neight

Reaction score
hey i got a used voltmeter off ebay, and i was wondering if anyone had the instructions for the autometer phantom voltmeter. What kind of wires do i need?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yeah. sometimes mine would jump to 14volts. but it's mostly constant in 13.5v for me.

oh, alright. yea, thats sounds right then. your post above mine said that it went to 12.5v when the engine was on, haha, i was like uhhh. haha.

hey i got a used voltmeter off ebay, and i was wondering if anyone had the instructions for the autometer phantom voltmeter. What kind of wires do i need?

take a good picture of the back of it, PM it to me or w/e, and ill photoshop it and show you where to hook everything up and what does what :thumbup:

dynasty

Reaction score
oh, alright. yea, thats sounds right then. your post above mine said that it went to 12.5v when the engine was on, haha, i was like uhhh. haha.

mine was on but wasn't ignited so the motor wasn't running. haha. but i got my volt meter from ebay too. also bought the bracket from ebay.

Neight

Reaction score
cool, thanks sketch here is the photo:
voltmeter.jpg
[/IMG]

my keyboard is made by razo.........:)

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
oh yea, damn, thats the same as the one i have, its easy, ill just tell you right now then.

that white wire up top coming off the light is for the power for the light bulb. the one wrapped in tape is for the ground. just make sure you wire the power for the bulb to a light that dims off of the cluster. i used one of the overhead lights that shine down onto the gauge faces.

no when you look at the bottom there, with the 3 posts, you only need to use 2 of them. if you look under those posts, youll see a thing that says:

....GND....
S...........I

(the periods are above just to take space up)

"GND" is the ground for the volt meter, and i just used "I" cuz i assumed "I" was for "Initial" and "S" was for "Secondary".

so all you need to do is hook up your power to actually use the volt gauge to the post corresponding to "I", which would be the lower right one. and the ground for the actual volt gauge goes to the corresponding "GND" post, which is the one up top in the center.

and im sure you know this, but just so things are straight, those 2 big long posts are for the mounting bracket.

hope this helps, if not ill do the photoshop of that pic. im just not doing it now cuz my computers being stupid and wont let me open adobe, haha, so id have to restart, and i just dont feel like it, haha. but yea, that explanation should help, just read thur it slow. its cake really. took me like 20 minutes, tops?, when i installed mine, and i hadnt installed one before.

Neight

Reaction score
cool, um if you don;t mind the photoshop, that would be cool, what did you mount yours with ? i wanted to do mine like the way retroshark did his gauges, where he had them bolted in the cubby hole.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i used the mounting bracket to mount mine in the gauge cluster pod that i had. illl have the pshop up for you a little later

Back