DIY: Voltmeter

cliffsta

Reaction score
I'm really wanting to do this mod when I have some money to blow on a volt gauge... it'd be interesting to see voltage fluxuation when the system is jacked with other accessories running. I think I'm gonna put mine down in the console since its not that crucial. I'm spoiled, my truck had a voltmeter and oil pressure gauge :(

Neight

Reaction score
so um where can i get replacement wiring for the gauge? or should i just buy a whole new unit ? I think i wasted time by getting a used one where the lazy a$$ just had the thing janked out and without instructions or anything.
Can someone please scan the instrctions for me and let me know what wires to get....thanks.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
you can used any smaller size wire, i think i used like 12 or 16 gauge or something like that. just get some wiring that looks to be like the same size as whats coming off the bulb. theirs no need for you to go out and buy a brand new gauge, the one you have will work fine. you just need some wiring and a few connectors. you can attach wires to the ones that are cut for the bulb, and youll need connectors for the volt gauges power and ground. a new autometer gauge wouldnt come with those connectors youd need anyway. itll work man, just follow my instructions and itll be fine.

my comps still being gay about pshop :eusa_wall: ill get that image up as soon as i can.

oh, and you can get the wiring and connectors youd need at like walmart or any hardware store

dynasty

Reaction score
thx, what kind of wires did you use for the set up?

for me, personally, i used some extra speaker wire from my subs and use that for my volt meter. volt meter shouldn't use that much gauge wires since it's just a meter and it shouldn't attract too much power. plus, my power source is from a cigerette lighter so no point of using a higher gauge wire.

Neight

Reaction score
dang i also need a new bulb.....i guess I'll have to order one.

Back