*08/31/09 Update: Coils are in (Pics to come this weekend)

Millz

Reaction score
So I went to a mechanic that my buddy reffered me to on Saturday.

Shop was very clean, they were very professional (Rukus Motorsports for the Canucks in the GTA on the board) and they have some very nicely built cars that they own. They do a lot of custom fabbing for turbos ETC ETC have a dyno machine and so on. Learned a lot while I was there too, he has tempted me into doing some motor work but it will have to wait :D.

Long story short, they cut the bolt on the fork and took it out. Heating it ETC. was worthless the bolt was seized beyond repair (thank you canadian winters). Luckily the guy called a few of his suppliers and was able to get a replacement fork.

Ride height is set at just about a finger (maybe less) in the front and the back will be a finger and a half. It's a little higher now since my friend pre-set the height before the install so the coils can be straight dropped in without adjustment.

Hit another minor snag, the coils turned out to be for a 7th gen accord I believe. The top mounts seemed to align perfectly but were just a bit narrower than what the shock tower holes were (this was for the front, the rear fit in no problem). They bored it out just a tiny bit and they fit nicely after that. (Could be a mistake by Omni that they didnt align perfectly but I dont know what to think, since the rears dropped in fine).

I am very happy with the ride, car's on rails. What a difference between the S-techs and stock shocks I previously had.

Should I wait maybe a week after my final adjustments to the ride height to get alignment? Or do it right away?

This weekend I will most likely wax the car, and have my friend snap some pictures.

Thanks to all those again that helped me out!

Hey guys, I bought Omni coilovers BNIB.

Anyways, tomorrow is time to install them... My friend will be helping me do it.
(In reality he said hell prob do most of the work since im not too mechanically inclined.)

He asked me to figure out what to set pre-load at (in millimeters? i can do the conversion LOL) before installing the coils. He told me if this is not done properly my coils can go to ****.

Anyways, this will be for daily use, I will worry about other applications when the time comes.

I'd like to install this properly and not have to worry about it in the future.

Any help is appreciated. I tried searching and searching but am coming up empty handed.

Haven't been active at all on here lately just been busy with figuring out which direction I want to go with my car.

Thanks in advance!! (And be gentile :D)

Last edited:

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Urgent: Need help -> Setting pre-load on Omni Coils

pre load is just to push the spring up with the collar right?

nexTOme

Reaction score

http://omnipowerusa.com/Instructions.asp

http://omnipowerusa.com/Full_Body_Coilovers.doc
5. Set up Omni-Power shocks by first adjusting the springs to have 1-2mm of up and down movement, after which tighten the spring perch locks securely with supplied wrenches.

Performance tips:

A. For road racing none or very little spring preload is required for proper performance. The Gen-2-3 shock has a longer shaft and can operate properly without preload.

here.

when i ordered omni power coilover for my 6thgen, i called omnipower prior to installation for further assistance in pre-loading.
what they explained to me is basically, you adjust the spring to have free-play between top hat and bottom spring locking collar for about 1-2mm, in other words spring should NOT be compressed when off of car.

correct me if i am wrong.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score

every full coilover set ive ever bought came preloaded from the company. so unless theyre like what jae had said above, then youll have to adjust them.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Millz, congrats on finally getting them, I do expect the car to sit lower than it does now since you have full coils.

I think Andy is right, but it might not hurt to maybe give Omni a call and just confirm that.

nexTOme

Reaction score

danny's omni came pre-loaded already i think.
but mine, the top screw was hand-tightned, spring locking collar was lose.
i agree with derek. call omni for yourself for best confirmation.

Millz

Reaction score

thanks for the responses guys, i tried calling Omni, but when I went to the Dealers list there's more than 50 of them.
I couldnt really get any positive responses from the ones that I did reach.

Derek: I got them 2-3 weeks ago :| (i know i know, they should be on already)

nexTOme: Any tips on which number to call? or should i just go down the list and hope to get somebody that knows what theyre talking about? lol

nexTOme

Reaction score

nexTOme: Any tips on which number to call? or should i just go down the list and hope to get somebody that knows what theyre talking about? lol

i think i called the number on website.

all i remember is that their area code was 951.
your instruction sheet didnt come with phone number? have you tried to look up their website?

edit: 951-956-6554 is on their website. top left corner.

Last edited:

Millz

Reaction score

i think i called the number on website.

all i remember is that their area code was 951.
your instruction sheet didnt come with phone number? have you tried to look up their website?

edit: 951-956-6554 is on their website. top left corner.

:ohyou: WOW how the hell did i miss that... thanks!

nexTOme

Reaction score

let us know how things are going.
and of course, post pictures when installation is done :)
GL

Back