"Brake" light is on

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
Ten minutes ago driving home I noticed my "brake" light come on my dash (the ebrake light). I'm guessing it has something to do with my brakes... The past few months too I could tell my rotors were going so maybe thats it?

xJx

Reaction score
I had that same issue then i got my front brakes fixed because they were going bad and after that the e brake light didnt show up anymore.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Easy....

your pads may be low and drawing more fluid from the break master cylinder to the break lines and calipers to compress against the rotor.

You probably need to add some break fluid, or you have to take the cap off and move the float up and down. Sometimes it gets stuck

tnguyen600

Reaction score
It's happened to me too..it would come on and than come off after a minute or two. I did some searching last night...nothing seriously apparently. From what I've read, it could be that you're low on brake fluid or it's gunky and you should change it...over the years, the brake fluid gets grimy.

jwong512

Reaction score
Usually when that happens it's either the fluids or the pads. I would take it to the mechanic and get it checked out right away. Does you hear a squeaky noise as well when you brake? If so, then that's a sign you should definitely take your car to the shop.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Actually spoke to a friend of mine about it last night, apparently I need to tighten my ebrake cable and that should work. Some of you may want to check that as well.

It involves removing the centre console, so it will take more than a few minutes.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
9 times out of 10, its the float on the master cylinder cap. take it off...shake it...put it on differently than you took it off (rotate it).

if your pads and/or rotors are low on life (this goes for anyone)...dont add fluid to low brakes. that makes for a "fun" cleanup when the new brakes go in...

SykVSyx

Reaction score
9 times out of 10, its the float on the master cylinder cap. take it off...shake it...put it on differently than you took it off (rotate it).

if your pads and/or rotors are low on life (this goes for anyone)...dont add fluid to low brakes. that makes for a "fun" cleanup when the new brakes go in...

Will give that a try as well since I drove to work today, I'll let you know if that did anything.

Mine is making my parking lights come on, which is why I think it may actually be the e-brake cable.

Back